Serious Discussion Security Product Acronyms used on MalwareTips (Helpful for New Members)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
People use different Acronyms for the same products, but as long as you're clear about it then it's OK.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Littlebits said:
Some people like myself which are getting old can not remember those codes, it is better for me to just spell out the words to keep from getting confused.

hahaha, how old are you, Littlebits?

I went over the hill 4 years ago and I'm falling down very rapidly. :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Littlebits said:
Some people like myself which are getting old can not remember those codes, it is better for me to just spell out the words to keep from getting confused.

Thanks.:D

Solution, get Jack to add word changing code to the forum, so every time someone uses an acronym, it gets changed to the full name of the product. I'm sure he won't mind.

Reactions: Malware1

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Tom172 said:
Solution, get Jack to add word changing code to the forum, so every time someone uses an acronym, it gets changed to the full name of the product. I'm sure he won't mind.

That would require someone to code the plugin for MyBB.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
I am surprised ,I am still new,but I know all those names (maybe cause I was retired mod of Bleepingcomputers.com? :O)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Payback said:
I am surprised ,I am still new,but I know all those names (maybe cause I was retired mod of Bleepingcomputers.com? :O)

Off topic slightly, what was your name on BleepingComputers?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.