Advice Request Hardening Window 10

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using Reg tweaks?

• YES

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • NO

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hey,
I created this topic to be a place for sharing your reg tweaks with other members in MT.
If you guys have any tweak pls share it here and let others use it.
I don't have any :/ so give me some
Don't be miser thanks.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Actually, I would suggest you use the following Windows Hardening Tools for most of the registry tweaks can be found in them maybe with the exception of some

1) Hard Configurator
2) Win10 Security Plus
3) Hardentools

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I know about this website haha but I want some tweaks like what I can see on this website.

Wolfsbane

Level 1
Sep 6, 2017
A lifetime ago I used Ashampoo and fiddled with WinTweaks. Now I'm accustomed to group policy objects and managing servers and workstations with ACLs, private keys, identity management and SCCM.

Registry tweaks for Windows OS can be found on Github, MS KB security portal, BlackViper and SpeedGuide, but please keep in mind many registry entries have been deprecated in recent versions of Windows.

For security hardening I'd recommend Device Guard with a Code Integrity Policy, assuming hardware support. Else, disabling unnecessary services and minimizing your attack surface.

For OP my suggested registry tweak is:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
SMB1=0 (DWORD)

Of course, you can simply remove this feature using the Remove Roles and Features Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.