Harman's security configuration

harman

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
Hi,

I'm a big fan of ESET av as it is very light on the system and has never let me down till yet... but since my license expired and I had a license of AVG pro I decided to give it a try (mainly because of its recent performance in the Avcomparatives test).

when I first installed AVG on my laptop there were multiple occurrences of freezes which could only be solved by a hard reboot. So I installed Panda Pro and checked it against some files which were infected but panda didn't detect anything but the bigger problem was the web protection and link checker thing which i checked during Panda AV install and Zemana displayed a warning about it. So finally gave AVG one more try and now it runs very smoothly. So far so good (don't know what was the problem earlier). :) Though I'm really impressed by Zemana antimalware. It's real time protection seems to work even when offline while running an exe :)

edit - I forgot to add Process Lasso. It's a great tool, along with Kerish doctor's real time maintenance, to keep your system working smoothly. :)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi, looks pretty secure, but I bet it is heavy on your system. You have 4 real-times running on your system.
I don't think you need all that.
If you are happy with your comodo firewall, and you have it set to automatically sandbox unknowns, then you don't need all that other stuff.

harman

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
Hi, looks pretty secure, but I bet it is heavy on your system. You have 4 real-times running on your system.
I don't think you need all that.
If you are happy with your comodo firewall, and you have it set to automatically sandbox unknowns, then you don't need all that other stuff.

Surprisingly it's not at all heavy on my system (and it has just 2gb of RAM;). Being light on my system is the first priority for any security combination) . Zemana has now combined its antimalware with its antilogger (i have the lifetime license of both) so that's just one more process in total apart from AVG's real time protection....and there isn't much difference on my system's responsiveness when I enable/disable comodo's defense plus but I keep it enabled as I like the HIPS protection it offers (btw I'm still using an older version of comodo firewall as i didn't like its latest versions). I don't use Comodo sandbox as it gave problems while running some legitimate applications.

Oh I forgot to add that I use process lasso and Kerish doctor's real time maintenance so probably that keeps my system light.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Surprisingly it's not at all heavy on my system (and it has just 2gb of RAM;). Being light on my system is the first priority for any security combination) . Zemana has now combined its antimalware with its antilogger (i have the lifetime license of both) so that's just one more process in total apart from AVG's real time protection....and there isn't much difference on my system's responsiveness when I enable/disable comodo's defense plus but I keep it enabled as I like the HIPS protection it offers (btw I'm still using an older version of comodo firewall as i didn't like its latest versions). I don't use Comodo sandbox as it gave problems while running some legitimate applications.

Oh I forgot to add that I use process lasso and Kerish doctor's real time maintenance so probably that keeps my system light.
sounds good
now I see that you are running MBAE in real-time protection, not MBAM as I originally thought.
MBAE is real light.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.