Has anyone heard of skyjem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thealpha

New Member
When I go to search on my usual browser for something I need it shows me skyjem? An unusual old looking google. Normally it would work and search it on my regular browser but now it doesn't. Can someone help me with this problem?
 
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Skyjem.com is a search engine that is promoted through the use of malicious browser extensions and browser hijackers. When installed, these browser hijackers modify your web browser’s configuration to automatically send all searches through Skyjem.com.

Please follow these instructions and post the requested logs. I will review and advise as to you next steps.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Ensure that you are in an Administrator Account
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Check the boxes as seen here:
L7kNU5y.jpg

Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please attach the logs for my review.
How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
attachlogs.png

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
This program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
if the download was from the site I provided you should restore the program from the Quarantine folder. It's SAFE.
====
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top