Advice Request Has anyone used the ESET AV Remover Tool

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Seems that no one has used this. May give it a try just to see how it does.

Reactions: upnorth

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I use it and it seems to work fine. I say "seems to," because I've never actually manually checked to see if every single trace gets removed. But I presume it would remove everything.

Revo does not do a good job of removing antivirus leftovers. Often there will be drivers remaining when you uninstall an antivirus. Revo and other uninstallers won't find these leftover drivers, because they are in the \Windows\System32\Drivers folder and not the folder where the antivirus was installed.

The only exception to this, is if you are using the Pro version of Revo to create snapshots (or another uninstaller which creates snapshots) before and after installing the antivirus, so that it has a record of every file and registry key that is created by the antivirus.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I use it and it seems to work fine. I say "seems to," because I've never actually manually checked to see if every single trace gets removed. But I presume it would remove everything.

Revo does not do a good job of removing antivirus leftovers. Often there will be drivers remaining when you uninstall an antivirus. Revo and other uninstallers won't find these leftover drivers, because they are in the \Windows\System32\Drivers folder and not the folder where the antivirus was installed.

The only exception to this, is if you are using the Pro version of Revo to create snapshots (or another uninstaller which creates snapshots) before and after installing the antivirus, so that it has a record of every file and registry key that is created by the antivirus.
Unfortunately that would have required the user (me) to have Revo Pro in the first place. :ROFLMAO: If I need to I can re-image, but I thought maybe the ESET uninstaller could save people that step...if it worked. Always good to get your opinion on software as I may know of no better tester.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.