HashTab

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
Probably most of the forum users are familiar with utilities for comparing File Hashes.

I thought I'd post a link to my favorite. HashTab. :cool:

It's probably the easiest Hash comparator to use because of the way it interfaces with the Windows shell. All you have to do is right-click on a file and select properties. Then you'll see a tab for File Hash. Just click the tab and it will automatically start calculating the Hash. (You can specify what you wish it to display)

And even better, it will reference the contents of the clipboard when the calculations are complete! So you can just copy a Hash string off the webpage while the file is downloading or while it's calculating, and it will automatically compare the Hashes for you as soon as it has finished its calculations.

It really doesn't get any easier than this. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have used this a while ago and think it does come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.