Having multiple issues, very slow, OpenCandy and more not removed

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I need to sleep, sir. If it isn't a problem to you, I think I would like the scan to keep running, and come back to you tomorrow. I'm too tired to type!
This page at MT keeps jumping from where I am looking around at top, to the bottom of the page.

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
May as well send Zoek, for you to have, while I am in town getting blizzard supplies! Are you able to tell if the fix ran properly? ..."
Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!
"

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 34

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
May as well send Zoek, for you to have, while I am in town getting blizzard supplies! Are you able to tell if the fix ran properly? ..."
"
The scan, when I went to bed, had been running for an hour or so: not sure how long it took to complete!:)

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Did you notice that Zoek log was posted for you? I am going to sleep now, but didn't know if you saw it. Thanks so much, tallorder

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Still not well, but perhaps less disastrous! What is currently happening is still: If I am able to open Chrome, if I stay there and use it, it responds. If I go into the other room, it lessons its response time. If I close it, it refuses to reopen unless I restart the computer, every time. I can initiate it then, but not unless. Mozilla Firefox doesn't work at all, but then, Zoek may have been intended to kill that. I could not get to You tube, for my hubby to check out a music video today, but I finally figured out I could get there from the Opera browser-(Speed Dial), but not Chrome. Still getting the "wait or kill page" (unresponsive) notice, but not bad on Opera. Not sure if it should be this way, but each time I go to Opera or Google (Chrome) it asks me if I want that to be my default browser. Can I forward to you an email that looks bad? I haven't opened it, but with all the Ransom-ware/ locker new attacks, is it safe to just forward? Cpu, I just noticed, isn't at 100% as much. Is there a way to get a pic or ? log or file of the task manager to you? There are duplicated processes on there, it appears. Thanks,

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Still not well, but perhaps less disastrous! What is currently happening is still: If I am able to open Chrome, if I stay there and use it, it responds. If I go into the other room, it lessons its response time. If I close it, it refuses to reopen unless I restart the computer, every time. I can initiate it then, but not unless. Mozilla Firefox doesn't work at all, but then, Zoek may have been intended to kill that. I could not get to You tube, for my hubby to check out a music video today, but I finally figured out I could get there from the Opera browser-(Speed Dial), but not Chrome. Still getting the "wait or kill page" (unresponsive) notice, but not bad on Opera. Not sure if it should be this way, but each time I go to Opera or Google (Chrome) it asks me if I want that to be my default browser. Can I forward to you an email that looks bad? I haven't opened it, but with all the Ransom-ware/ locker new attacks, is it safe to just forward? Cpu, I just noticed, isn't at 100% as much. Is there a way to get a pic or ? log or file of the task manager to you? There are duplicated processes on there, it appears. Thanks,
And OpenCandy...(at least the copy of where I put it to Wordpad still exists, but it may be nothing!

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Can you reinstall Chrome?

adwcleaner_new.png
Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on
    adwcleaner_new.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Accept the Terms of use and click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Can you reinstall Chrome?

adwcleaner_new.png
Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on
    adwcleaner_new.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Accept the Terms of use and click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner
Can I use this process to reinstall Chrome? http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27648/~/reinstall-(powerwash)-the-chrome-os

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
This is all confusing to me, you're posting 10 replies. I cannot help you further, please open your topic here

http://malwaretips.com/forums/troubleshooting-software-questions-and-help.18/
Please do not quit me. If I need to reply less to you, that is fine with me. I was trying to answer your questions honestly, as to
How is your PC now?

If I am giving too much information, or information is too random, my most sincere apologies!! I thought this was the location to tell you what is happening to my computer now, so we could resolve any remaining issues. Thank you for your help.

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.

Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

So, Dear Sir, are you declaring my machine clean and ending this thread? Thanks, tallorder

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Sorry, I was a bit nervous yesterday, had some problems, so please accept my apologize. Tell me for all issues you have, but please make it as one post, not 10 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: tallorder

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.