Heaps of redirects....

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
thanks for being here..........first time trying to include results from bouth requested scans...... OTL log unable to get to desktop... so here goes.........aswMBR.....is no my desktop, but browser for attachment can't get it in.... I have them saved,, but having trouble attaching them... Trouble getting notepad OTL result,, attached Usual stumble around,, but I think I did it..... g rad or jerry

Attachments

• aswMBR.txt Jerry's 2nd scan.............txt
    2 KB · Views: 65
  • OTL.Txt Jerry's first.............txt
    80.3 KB · Views: 71

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello, my name is THE, and I will be working with you :)

Before we start:
  • Note that the removal process is not immediate. Depending on the severity of your infection, it could take a long time.
  • Malware removal can be dangerous. I cannot guarantee the safety of your system as malware can be unpredictable. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system. Therefore, I would advise you to backup all your important files before we start.
  • Please be patient and stay with me until I give you the green lights and inform you that your PC is clean.
  • Like everyone, I have a private life, so be patient with me. Sometimes I will respond immediately, sometimes it will take a coupe hours.
  • Some tools may be flagged by your antivirus as harmful. Rest assure that ALL the tools we use are safe, the detections are false positives.
  • The absence of symptoms does not mean your PC is fully disinfected.
  • If you are unclear about the instructions, please stop and ask. Following the steps in the order that I post them in is vital.
  • Lastly, if you have requested help on other sites, that will delay and hinder the removal process. Please only stick to one site.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
pecking this out with onscreen keyboard...so brevity... THE,,hello, attempting to attach requested scan results... thanks for being here
p.s. Getting better at finding files and attaching.... hope these are correct...

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Addition.txt
    21 KB · Views: 135

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download this file fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST.
Open FRST and click fix.
Attach the report here, it will be named fixlog.txt

[attachment=5982]

Then...

<ol><li>Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
<><a href="http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner" target="_blank">ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK</a></> (This link will automatically download Security Check on your computer)</li>

<li>Close all open programs and internet browsers.</li>
<li>Double click on <>adwcleaner.exe</> to run the tool.</li>
<li>Click on <>Delete</>,then confirm each time with <>Ok</>.</li>
<li>Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.</li>
<li>Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.</li>
<li>You can find the logfile at <>C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt</> as well.</li>
</ol>

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Download this file fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST.
Open FRST and click fix.
Attach the report here, it will be named fixlog.txt

I thought I posted these results two days ago... guess not.. getting better at finding the correct scan result files.. thanks...

Then...

<><a href="http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner" target="_blank">ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK</a></> (This link will automatically download Security Check on your computer)</li>

<li>Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.</li>
</ol>

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 131
  • AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 148
  • FRST_21-10-2013_06-15-07.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 55

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
You attached the fresh scan from FRST, please follow my previos post and do fixing...

Then, attach me Fixlog.txt

hope this is ok....i run scan,, then tic fix, tells me file is in same place,? hope these are correct... tks...

Attachments

• FRST_25-10-2013_06-45-37.txt
    32.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Addition.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 172
  • FRST_25-10-2013_06-56-01.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 94

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Wrong again :)

Download fresh FRST from link above, strictly on Desktop

Then download fixlist.txt above, also on Desktop

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me Fixlog.txt, that will be on desktop after Fixing...

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Wrong again :)

Download fresh FRST from link above, strictly on Desktop

Then download fixlist.txt above, also on Desktop

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me Fixlog.txt, that will be on desktop after Fixing...

Attempting to download Farbar..... links to Bleepin Computer.com... wants me to download,, various, Browser Safegard,, PC Utilities Pro.. (says 1222 errors,, wants registration, to fix) Premium Installer,,, I sent in my my file or notepad of FRST.... stumbling around today.... saying that,, No fixlist found..? so I have run SCAN.. but when I click FIXIT.... but doesn't keep the fixlist.exe... or doesn't run at all....

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Download it from here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/

continuing redirects,,, I run FIRST again,, hope this is correct notepad file,, but not,,txt file so I fear it is not correct.... after I scan, the fix box doesn't respond... will try again...

Attachments

• FRST_27-10-2013_08-39-20.txt
    42.5 KB · Views: 104

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Download it from here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/

my latest results, after checking all boxes in FRST before starting scan.. Wow there it is....

Attachments

• FRST_27-10-2013_09-14-50.txt
    65.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Addition.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 178

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Wrong again, you're doing Scanning, not fixing...

Let's check the system with other tool...

Download TDSSkiller from here
  • Double-Click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application
  • When TDSSkiller opens, click change parameters , check the box next to Loaded modules . A reboot will be required.
  • After reboot, TDSSKiller will run again. Click Change parameters again and make sure everything is checked.
    clip.jpg
  • click Start scan .
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue. (If it saids TDL4/TDSS file system, select delete)
  • If malicious objects are found, ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue and Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Post the log after (usually C:\ folder in the form of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:

• When TDSSkiller opens, click change parameters , check the box next to Loaded modules . A reboot will be required.
  • After reboot, TDSSKiller will run again. Click Change parameters again and make sure everything is checked.
    clip.jpg
  • click Start scan .
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue. (If it saids TDL4/TDSS file system, select delete)
  • If malicious objects are found, ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue and Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Post the log after (usually C:\ folder in the form of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt

Yo THE,, Downloaded and ran Killer- scan... checked all the boxes...before starting...... it did not stop until completed... No Skip.. just asked to be rebooted.... . Did a search from the Start bar for- txt.. nada... The fix box didn't work,, before or after I did the scan,,, With FRST... anti-virus download.......wonder if it would help being in SAFE mode?

Attachments

• TDSSKiller.2.8.16.0_28.10.2013_09.54.20_log.txt
    354 bytes · Views: 73
  • TDSSKiller.3.0.0.14_28.10.2013_09.55.42_log.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 73
  • TDSSKiller.3.0.0.14_28.10.2013_20.50.24_log.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 63

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
g rad said:
TwinHeadedEagle said:

clip.jpg
  • click Start scan .

Yo THE,, Downloaded and ran Killer- scan... checked all the boxes...before starting...... it did not stop until completed... No Skip.. just asked to be rebooted.... . Did a search from the Start bar for- txt.. nada... The fix box didn't work,, before or after I did the scan,,, With FRST... anti-virus download.......wonder if it would help being in SAFE mode?

.... Ran the tdssKiller again........ It said the computer is clean,, now.... and now there is no more additional txt files in C/ drive.. Now I will try the FRST..... again and see if I can run the FIX.. box..

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Ok, try, and do let me know...

Back again,, from bleeping.com,,(still heaps of redirects) downloaded Farbar, guess must run, scan, first, then fix, nothing, like fixing happens,, just directs me to this... attached.. would safe mode help? thanks for being here....

Attachments

• FRST_31-10-2013_08-29-47.txt
    61.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Addition.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 121

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Why are you running FRST from temporary folder.

Download it on Desktop, and download fixlist.txt on Desktop too.

Open FRST, and click on Fix, like on image...

[attachment=6085]

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 90

g rad

Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Why are you running FRST from temporary folder.

Download it on Desktop, and download fixlist.txt on Desktop too.

Open FRST, and click on Fix, like on image...

[/quo
TWE,,, there seems to be no way I can open FIX, after running....... scan... FIX just doesn't open...... (from my saved FRST in my desktop file, ) so I'll just attach my results ,, Live in Hope........ thanks, ps.. seems can't attach Addition,, the IE crashes... I refreshed to get back to here........

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    44.9 KB · Views: 98

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Forget it, we will try with other tools...

</ol>

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:

COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #1 (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)
COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #2 (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)
----------------------------------------------------------------
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

<ul>
<li>Close any open browsers.</li>
<li>Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
<>Very Important!</> Temporarily <>disable</> your <>anti-virus</>, <>script blocking</> and any <>anti-malware</> real-time protection <em><>before</></em> performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause <em>"unpredictable results"</em>.</li>
<li><>WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts</>.Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.</li>
</ul>
-----------------------------------------------------------------

How to run the Combofix scan :
  1. Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  2. Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
  3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
    [*]Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Additional notes:
<ol><li> Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.</li>
<li> Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.</li>
<li> If after the reboot you get errors about programms being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.</li></ol>

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.