Expired Heimdal PRO 2.2.151 for 6 Months Free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So this a firewall + BB? Or can i use it with another Firewall?
How you can use Heimdal Pro for your Windows PC, screenshot taken from their website.
upload_2017-5-11_19-6-22.png

Source: Heimdal PRO - 2nd Generation Anti-Malware Security Software

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I think it's like Avira browser safety extension or others
am I wrong? cant see any thing special:p
a simple realtime protection(like an av)+ aggressive linkchecker+software updater

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for the giveaway, trying it now.
Please note: The software includes a 6-months license and comes with free technical support and updates.
This is what it says in readme.txt

Please note that the software you download and install
during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
1) No free technical support
2) No free upgrades to future versions
3) Strictly non-commercial usage

Reactions: frogboy and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Thanks for the giveaway, trying it now.

This is what it says in readme.txt

Please note that the software you download and install
during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
1) No free technical support
2) No free upgrades to future versions
3) Strictly non-commercial usage
A typical full version giveaway!
Basically, www.giveawayoftheday.com distorted the offering details; we need not consider their details always.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I like Heimdal a lot. I am using it a couple of months already (pro version) alongside Windows Defender and VoodooShield Pro - no problems so far.
I'm currently trying the same setup, but with VDS free :)
Is it Heimdal that hijacks (for good) the DNS to monitor and control Network traffic of the system? I find ZAL detect so, apparently because of adding Hemidal.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I think it's like Avira browser safety extension or others
am I wrong? cant see any thing special:p
a simple realtime protection(like an av)+ aggressive linkchecker+software updater
To describe it that way can be disconcerting.
Just check out the 'Free VS Pro' Features Description, somewhere in the middle of this page, and you will get to know how many and what layers of defense the Pro version provides :)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
The software updater is rather poor in terms of numbers of applications they check. The malicious url blocker that the PRO version offers is outstanding and a great addition to every security setup imho.
Here is a quick advertisement they made a while ago where they say what the product offers:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The software updater is rather poor in terms of numbers of applications they check. The malicious url blocker that the PRO version offers is outstanding and a great addition to every security setup imho.
Here is a quick advertisement they made a while ago where they say what the product offers:

The video pretty much clears the basics of Heimdal, thanks Kev!
I see Heimdal block some suspicious connections right after activation. It feels light for sure though the update list is short.

I however do not understand whether its network-traffic-scanning is basically detecting the URLs/hosts with respect to inbound and outbound traffic, or its more than that (like intelligently scanning what kind of data is being transferred, the load etc). That might explain how much it intersects with some functions of advanced firewalls.
They've used a lot of terms when describing their product offerings here, however, many of them might just revolve around identifying malicious connections only.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Didn't worked for me. It updated 7-zip to v16.04 from v16.04, What? And now i can see two entries in control panel for 7-zip. Might be a bug. Also continuous cpu utilization of about 6%.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for the giveaway.

I've been using it since the last giveaway and I can say it's very useful even with it's auto-update feature (No problem for me so far).
Although it's traffic filter system does gave me a few FP once a while.

I highly recommended it even more so for installing it onto your less tech-savvy friends or family so that their PC can stay updated without our assistances. :p

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Didn't worked for me. It updated 7-zip to v16.04 from v16.04, What? And now i can see two entries in control panel for 7-zip. Might be a bug. Also continuous cpu utilization of about 6%.
Yes, this is a small glitch (or by design?) every 2 ~ 3 seconds there is a peak of about 6% of CPU ...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.