Expired Heimdal PRO - 6 months

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Heimdal PRO - 6 months

heimdal-pro-box.png

We protect you from attacks that antivirus can't block
Heimdal PRO uses Internet traffic scanning to keep you safe against ransomware, financial Trojans, data-stealing malware and other threats that antivirus can't detect.

Heimdal Security - We protect you from attacks that antivirus can't block

OR

Buy Heimdal

VOUCHER CODE is : giveawayclub6m

2017-06-07_04h24_14.png

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
I have a question , I noticed that Heimdal changes the DNS settings (for traffic filtering I guess) . would it change my current DNS settings ?

Reactions: hd35

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I have a question , I noticed that Heimdal changes the DNS settings (for traffic filtering I guess) . would it change my current DNS settings ?
Your guess is right. That's expected. :)

Reactions: hd35

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Anyone that's trying this software also using VoodooShield? How is the CPU usage? I'm asking cause a couple of weeks ago I tried this software again, and I noticed a possible conflict/incompatibility with VoodooShield.

It caused VoodooShield to use a lot of CPU. Is anyone here getting the same issue?

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm tired of testing Heimdal PRO. Whenever I test it, the problems I faced when I first tested it always show up. Turning on/off Traffic Filtering doesn't change the DNS to 127.0.0.1 (or Google's DNS), most of the time. This is even after I had OS reset, and only Heimdal PRO installed as 3rd party security software.

Reported in the past, but Support (one of the experts) didn't know exactly what caused the problem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I'm tired of testing Heimdal PRO.
Same, doesn't change DNS for me as well. I don't know, I think Heimdal is overrated, period. All it does is block malware hosts and support updates for, what? ~55 programs? And it claims that it blocks zero-day malware :D (Doesn't for me when I test it). Giveaway is nice, but there are plenty of programs what does the same for free. Maybe I am not capable to understand/fully utilize this program the way it should be :D Informative logos, good support, stylish UI (can't resize program window in 2017 o_O) and it ends there, I haven't seen that huge list under "protect against" Heimdal PRO - 2nd Generation Anti-Malware Security Software working in real-world-internet -surfing scenario. Makes me to believe all Heimdal does is filter my traffic through it's DNS services. And you wan't me to pay 34€ for that? lul :rolleyes: Just my personal opinion :D

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
if you had problems with the internet connection, after heimdal change to 127.0.0.1 follow this steps.
copy and paste this lines in your text editor:

WMIC NICCONFIG WHERE (IPEnabled=TRUE) call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("8.8.8.8", "8.8.4.4")
PAUSE

and save with the format Bat on your desktop /example Googledns.bat
right clic and open as administrator

if you want a more stable interop with the 127.0.0.1 as dnscrypt or with heimdal ,
do you should to use a static ip for example the same .bat

WMIC NICCONFIG WHERE (IPEnabled=TRUE) call EnableStatic ("192.168.123.120"),("255.255.255.0")
WMIC NICCONFIG WHERE (IPEnabled=TRUE) call SetGateways ("192.168.123.1","192.168.123.2"),(1,2)
WMIC NICCONFIG WHERE (IPEnabled=TRUE) call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("8.8.8.8", "8.8.4.4")
PAUSE

example ("192.168.123.120") is my local ip that i want as static,
you choice any depending on your ip router
192.168.123.124 etc.

("192.168.123.1","192.168.123.2") is my ip router or default link layer In most cases. 192.168.1.100
save your config and double click
Thanks!

I'll try those when I finally want to test Heimdal PRO again. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.