Expired Heimdal PRO - 6 months

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Heimdal PRO
heimdal-pro-box.png

6 months
Heimdal PRO
was designed to protect users against advanced form of malware, such as ransomware / cryptoware, banking trojans, exploit kits, and other threats that antivirus can’t block.

Promo Link:

Buy Heimdal

Home:
Heimdal PRO - 2nd Generation Anti-Malware Security Software

2017-09-12_17h01_10.png

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thank you for the share!

I got this, but I had this problem with the browser filtering tell me it wouldn't work sometimes, I suspect it probably has to do because of the fact I have my router set up to work with a specific DNS rather than not being set. Not sure about that, but I thought I would mention that for anyone who might experience the same issue that may be trying to troubleshoot things if they have the same problem.

I tried this software before, but the filtering for me would not work with Windscribe VPN, so if you change your VPN or have your router setup to some DNS services you might experience issues where the filtering goes. Thing is my DNS settings for my router filter Malware links already, and as for keeping things up to date, I am good about that.

I can see this software being good for someone who doesn't know much about PC's or setting their DNS or using VPN's and such things, but in my experience if you use a VPN or a have a custom DNS setting on your router the only other thing this provides is letting you know when you need to update certain vulnerabilities which for me for the most part those are set to remind already.

Not knocking this, I'm just saying, it's not for me.

Either way, it's a good software, no issues except for the ones I mentioned IN MY SITUATION. Thanks for the share!

Allan Mathias

Level 1
Verified
Jul 18, 2017
thank you for your reply. I downloaded their free product it works .but pro doesn't
it's license key issue
thanks

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
The worst product in the world just stays away from it:LOL:! its only Avira browser extension(I'm sure Avira works better :D)
I was searching for Heimdal review but couldn't find until today:

Heimdal=enigmasoftware SPY HUNTER 2:D

Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I got this, but I had this problem with the browser filtering tell me it wouldn't work sometimes, I suspect it probably has to do because of the fact I have my router set up to work with a specific DNS rather than not being set.
In my TP-Link router, I have set OpenDNS servers rather than my ISP ones, and no interference with system where Heimdal is installed.
I tried this software before, but the filtering for me would not work with Windscribe VPN, so if you change your VPN or have your router setup to some DNS services you might experience issues where the filtering goes.
I have successfuly set up ibVPN with OpenDNS-TCP protocol and Heimdal traffic filtering works just fine. Haven't tryed it with Windscribe, but I admit, it's time consuming to make it work, as an example, F-Secure Freedome VPN and Heimdal doesn't work together. The official Heimdal reply on using VPN's.
Heimdal works with most of the well-known VPNs on the market that do not require to change the DNS IP on the NIC card.

You can read more here: Heimdal Security + VPN/Proxy = The Ultimate Security & Privacy Combo

Kind Regards,

Alexandru Panait
Heimdal Security A/S & Heimdal Security SRL

The worst product in the world just stays away from it:LOL:
Top comment from the video/reply from Heimdal kind of explains what the product is used for. Malware Blocker should have done hes homework before testing it. Misinterpreted Heimdal from the start as a AV.. :cautious:
Heimdal is not an antivirus and its focus is not reactive protection. As a result, Heimdal PRO cannot be compared to a fully-fledged antivirus, because it focuses on proactive protection. Heimdal is a supplement to antivirus and We always recommend Internet users to adopt a multi-layered approach to cyber security as no single solution can block all threats.

This means that Heimdal focuses on blocking attacks by blocking the connection between malicious websites, servers and C&Cs and the targeted devices, based on incoming and outgoing Internet traffic. This is what you saw in the Websites Blocked section in Activity Reports. What’s more, this also means that Heimdal cannot block ransomware types that use encryption keys generated locally or offline. Cerber has such variants, which is why Heimdal PRO couldn’t block it.

In Heimdal PRO, the malware engine uses a limited number of antivirus definitions, which we use to perform a quick scan. Again, I have to emphasize that Heimdal PRO is not an antivirus and should not be treated as such

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: XhenEd and Venustus

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
In my TP-Link router, I have set OpenDNS servers rather than my ISP ones, and no interference with system where Heimdal is installed.

I have successfuly set up ibVPN with OpenDNS-TCP protocol and Heimdal traffic filtering works just fine. Haven't tryed it with Windscribe, but I admit, it's time consuming to make it work, as an example, F-Secure Freedome VPN and Heimdal doesn't work together. The official Heimdal reply on using VPN's.

Top comment from the video/reply from Heimdal kind of explains what the product is used for. Malware Blocker should have done hes homework before testing it. Misinterpreted Heimdal from the start as a AV.. :cautious:

All your settings are good and well, but if you don't know how to do all that it's a big problem.

And yes, you can compromise your settings to make something work anytime you want to do so. But my advice would be to let the security software compromise and work rather than having the user of the software make strange changes to make it work.

Thank you for your reply, I really enjoyed reading it and learned a lot from your information. So please don't take my reply as nothing more than just somebody over the internet replying. It's not personal. But I will say most of the people I know have no idea how to do much of anything where making changes to their router or PC goes. So my point is, if you install a software for security, it should make the necessary changes, NOT YOU because if they feel you need to make the changes then that would make you right where your settings go to begin with.

Enjoyed the read! Thanks again!

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Thanks Hamo,

You're all over this stuff, really appreciate, keep um coming.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.