Advice Request Hello again. What is Felix Security?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Hi guys.
Is this still a thing? I'm interested as it seems to be Australian.
Felix Security
There are a few 1y subs for it floating around for sale on eBay and Gumtree I noticed.

Reactions: Vitali Ortzi

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've used Felix Enforcer before. It had a lock function which when enabled, would not allow any software to be installed on a computer, until it was unlocked. As someone who installs a lot of software, I didn't like it and uninstalled it.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Words are used to lure in new users, I don't think they are able to offer more than existing alternatives.

Even consumers need military grade cyber security. Felix NGAV allows a consumer to have it affordably. In the Normal AV mode, the security of all applications on your computer is assured. In High Security mode, your system is locked down. This means that only the applications that you have used, malware free, will be permissible to run. This prevents any malware or hackers from causing you harm.

Stay with well known, trusted vendors.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
No reply from the website contact email. Other links dead and their software's key server is unreachable. I guess that answers it. Goodbye Felix, I never knew you!

I've used Felix Enforcer before. It had a lock function which when enabled, would not allow any software to be installed on a computer, until it was unlocked. As someone who installs a lot of software, I didn't like it and uninstalled it.
I wonder if its really true they were getting (just) their whitelist from the Australian Signals Directorate. (That's Australia's NSA)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.