Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

Robwahl

Apr 27, 2015
Hello, I am a computer programmer who is very interested in making secure code. I read a lot of programming books and am a member of ISSA, ISACA, ACM, and IEEE and IEEE Computer Society mostly because I love books and materials. I participate on a lot of open source projects geared towards helping improve healthcare (open data kit), OpenMRS, and open source projects Iead including clearaudio for a voice to voice translator that helps maintain what a natural voice of a person's voice is and watchalerts, an open source phyiscal therapy app. I believe in the incredible good that comes with open source projects but like any technology, they can be misused if the implementation is not proper.

J4NSK3R

May 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

IT is my domain and keep going strong. I'm a senior security analyst and I started to study Forensics with Malware analysis to add another branch on my IT tree. I'm looking forward to share with this community.

See ya on the forum.

L

LabZero

I am interested in technology from when I had my first computer with Windows XP.
I like to understand things that other people consider obvious.
I am IT student in a secondary school and currently studying various programming languages: c #, Java, Assembly and hardware technology.
I would like to attend University in computer engineering with a specialization in computer security. Research, implementation, verification of security computer systems and malware research.

NatsuruHaveALife :D

Level 2
Verified
May 18, 2015
i have an Associates of Information Technology. Really hard to get a job, and keeping said job is even harder. At least in the US it is. never have had a paid IT position. I was for a while an Amazon Fulfillment Associate. Computer Security is the way to go for degrees in Computers. Would also recommend learning forensics and ethical hacking/Pen testing too. skills i've gained through Learning how to exploit systems and Malware Research have helped more for the work i do. I am a white hat/ Malware Analyst in free time sometimes. Have had an interest in cybersecurity since i was a kid. probably the virus that truly got me interested in malware was one from the 90s called Spaces. Also, never can forget the pikachu worm. or Winhound aka Smitfraud.

kevinf80

Dec 14, 2013
Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin Finan, go by screenie kevinf80 at many Malware removal forums. I frequent and am authorized for malware removal at Malwarebytes.org, Tech Support Guy, SpywareHammer, Webuser. Have access to many other sites but those are the main ones.
Found this site doing a Google search, am I eligable for upgrade to Malware fighter?

Thank you,

Kevin..

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
Hi everyone!

My name is Andra and I work for a Danish cyber security company called Heimdal Security.

My background is in PR & communication, but I gradually moved to working in marketing for various tech companies, for a co-working tech hub in Bucharest and then for Heimdal.

I'm interested in the cyber security landscape because I believe it will become essential to how our societies work in the future, because it poses many thought-provoking challenges and because I believe that it's essential to understand and practice cyber security as part of our everyday lives.

While I'm not the mos technical person here, I like to study, do my research on information security topics and really understand how things work, whether we're talking about malware or how cyber criminals think.

I'm fascinated with the field and I hope to learn as much as possible by interacting with you on the forum.

barrysclayton

Jul 20, 2015
Personal Note:
It's completely optional whether you feel like participating in this topic.
-Earth

. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

. If a student, do you plan to work in the above-related fields in the future?

Just getting some insight about the IT Field from any who are part of it. :)
I help out with infections for my Hacker/Makerspace mates & want to do a better job of it.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I don't know I just think technology is my life & I just don't get interest in any other thing than this.

I'm undergraduate Telecommunication student, 2nd year. Yes it's related to technology totally that's why I chosed this field when I'd to decide regarding my carrier.

George Miller

Jul 31, 2015
I found this site looking for a fix for some adware on my wife's computer. Found the answers I was looking for and fixed the problem! Thanks for this site and the great tutorials!

I started back when DOS was the way to go, Windows 3 was pretty cool when it came out. I bugged our IT guy a lot trying to install my first modem - a whopping 2400 baud! That inspired me to learn more about computers as I really enjoyed the challenge of trying to install and get that modem working. I visited a ton of boards back then, learning as I went. Also kept bugging the IT guy with more questions - he was very patient and took an interest in me and my quest.

I am a network admin by trade, working for almost 20 years in the pc/network world. Mostly Novell, so I'm learning Windows Server now. Currently in my last year of finally getting my 4 year degree in IT - has been a dream of mine for a long time, finally took the plunge!

I like this site and the contributions are really good! Hopefully I can contribute at some point.

Currently live in North Texas, USA with my wife, 2 dogs, some cats and a Quaker Parrot.

Looking forward to 'meeting' all of you and enjoying this site.

Bunkie

Aug 22, 2015
Personal Note:
It's completely optional whether you feel like participating in this topic.
-Earth

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

Just getting some insight about the IT Field from any who are part of it. :)
I think I have someone piggybacked on if that's even possible. I am not computer savvy but am weary of this dude changing my files. He posed as being from Dell and I let him in via GoToAssist. I'm pretty worn out trying to deal with this.

Reactions: Logethica and Ink

Paulpx

Jul 5, 2015
Hello, i am a university student, non computers related (unfortunately..). I am interested in technology-software and love learning new things about it. No professional qualifications or programming knowledge so far but i hope software engineering will be my main profession some day.. Till then, i will be wandering here and there on the internet in my free time, learning things..

gquin

Oct 8, 2015
Hi everyone stumble into this site, extremely glad I found it, thumbs up to the moderator had a situation with safe search in chrome and corrected my, I'm an AT&T engineer nothing to do with malware nor software but always was into computers, self taught and found this interesting, so hello.

Reactions: Logethica and Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.