Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?
I got interested in computers, software, technology, programming after my first semester in college where I had to take a programming class. I became interested even more when I had malware on my computer and had to learn to get rid of it. I enjoy figure out problems and I hope to learn more so I'm not a novice forever.
. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?
I haven't had a job related to any of the stuff I named above and sometimes it does scare me going into the field. I feel like I won't be good enough that's why I try to learn whatever I can from others.
. If a student, do you plan to work in the above-related fields in the future?
Yes, before I graduate I plan to sign up for as many internships as I can and see what I can learn from them and I do hope to get a career in the above-related fields after I graduate.

Reactions: Logethica and Ink

+M.A.S.

Oct 3, 2014
New to the group. Basic IT knowledge not a geek but would like to learn from all of you how to better protect my home office computer and laptop.

Captain in the offshore oil industry

noblifias

Level 1
Verified
Oct 16, 2014
Hello, my name is nick.

I'm not into IT, I am an accountant by profession. I found this site while surfing for information regarding a malware that I encountered. Thank you MalwareTips your site is extremely helpful.

HankTheCowDog

Oct 30, 2014
I've always been interested in computers, but only recently have decided to pursue it full-time as an occupation. Or, at least, figuring out how to blend it into my career as a licensed private investigator for the past 25 years. I think.

Within the past several years I've completed the Cisco Networking Academy (but hate networking), competed on the junior college Cybersecurity team, taken many IT courses and I'm working towards my CCFE.

Reflecting back on things, I wish I would have started in computers, as a profession, back when I started playing with them.

Live and learn, and congrats to all those already involved in IT - what a great choice. :)

RichieRich

Nov 10, 2014
Good Day or Evening Everyone

I am new to this form and would like to "hello".

I have been working in IT for numbers of years. I spent a number of year removing viruses from computers, servers, notebooks and handheld devices. I am currently work in IT field working directly with vendors to resolve high level application issues.

I open to meeting new people, learning new concepts and creating innovation

RichieRich

Anton

Nov 13, 2014
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I came across it while trying to remove some malware from my computer. I got this webaddress from a friend. Trying to get an antivuris working in Sierra Leone without any success.
Personal Note:
It's completely optional whether you feel like participating in this topic.
-Earth

. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

. If a student, do you plan to work in the above-related fields in the future?

Just getting some insight about the IT Field from any who are part of it. :)[/QUOTE]

Nick_W

Nov 17, 2014
Hi to all in the forum.. I have "always" been interested in computers.. My first experience was with mainframes while learning FORTRAN at NYU.(1962) Later I built my own S100 bus computer and then went with PCs and Microsoft. I am an electrical engineer that used programming as a tool for simulation and solving numerical problems. I now use my PC( Windows 7, 64 bit, I7) for many things. Could go on.. but
I now have a malware problem . I will explain it on the malware help forum.

willscomputerrepair

Dec 6, 2014
I'm 28 now, I remember my grandma had an old Mac when I was in elementary school and if I did bad on any grades, she would make me play a learning game on that subject I did worst at, lol. The big floppys she had a case for all of them we'd play all the games. Green screen. But seriously she told me back then "you should grow up and have a job in technology because she's amazed of the change in her lifetime, she said everything is going to end up running off computers.

I've always remembered that, but also I remember always being into computers, and all the older people always had me help them with stuff, so learned from that.

Had a computer my mom bought from a yard sale one of those off white random towers, I was around 13 or 14 and was all about burning cd's lol. So if the computer messed up I could get my music so I'd sit there and try/learn how to fix it. Took it to a repair shop one time and seen a sign "All Bench Work $99/hour" and thought.... That's what I'm trying to do, I was amazed by everything.

Skip to today.. I'm owner of my own business Wills Computer Repair in Wilson NC, I have a shop and I'm the tech, I fix computers/smartphones/tablets, I do businesses and residential work.

I also do website design, graphics, music production

My last/current job, I'm working on installing a solar powered wireless IP camera/router setup for a company to use on job sites.

MalwareDev

Jan 6, 2015
I am an IT Guy and its my passion to work in the computer science field, currently i am working in IT Company.
I love to do research on malwares. Basically I want to enhance my knowledge in this field and share my experiences and knowledge's with others.

wacek_1984

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2015
Hi All!

- Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

I want to learn that much as possible to habe oportinity to get better job ;)

3yr - IT hotline for McD
3yr - Service engineer for many clients
2yr - Service engineer for retail contracts

I start my career after finishing my study,

Regards

Pifco

Feb 24, 2015
I used to own my own printing business and started using a PC to do my office work about 20 years ago and then I started using DTP software until 100% of our artwork was computer produced. After retiring 3 years ago I carried on using DTP software to produce service books for my local church. Until last week I haven't been too bothered with any Malware but suddenly i am having trouble and after speaking to a neighbour he advised me to see if I could get help off a online forum as he had paid professional technician £70 per hour to clean up his computer and all he did was log on to a forum and followed their advise. Anyway, after that longwinded preamble, that is the reason I am here.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a living i am a Heavy Duty Mechanic. I used watch my wife use her computer for years and then one day i thought i would give it a go. I am 53 years old now and 5 years ago i bought my first computer and the good wife showed me how to turn it on and i went from there. Now i spend every spare minute on the computer learning more every day, most of my time is now spent here at MT and i love it. :D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.