Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011
I'm new to this forum but not to malware. I'm holding my own in the battle but always welcome new ideas that will make my life easier. My daughter and I each have our own computer and are networked. Whenever she gets some malware, I ultimately end up with it once her computer's clean. Right now we're both clean but a piece of malware penetrates every virus scanner I've used to date. Right now I"m running Kaspersky internet security 2011 and Geswall 2.9.1 and she's using Kaspersky internet security 2011 right now. We are both using Windows xp sp3

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011
Welcome to MT Larry! I'm sure you will find this to be a very informative site & the people here to be helpful & very friendly.:welcomewave:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello and Welcome to MalwareTips :welcomewave:

Since your stated from using security software, you can make a thread in security configuration.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello Lary ! :welcomewave:

Welcome and please feel like at home :p

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Hey there :)

Feel free to ask anything.

I suggest you download Malwarebytes (free version), Superantispyware(free version) and hitmanpro (they are all good on demand scanners).

You could also show use your security configuration?

I can show you places where to go to when you have downloaded something.

Enjoy your stay.

Regards,
Valentin N

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Welcome to MalwareTips Larry, Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
We all welcome you to Malware Tips! :welcomewave:

If you ever get an infection again, please post in the malware removal section and we'll be glad to help you remove it.
GeSWall could be placed on your daughter's computer to lessen the chances of her getting infected by a vast amount.
Of course, if you keep getting infected, you might want to think about switching to Kubuntu Linux, I'm using it most of the time. :)

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011
Wow! Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I'm gonna post my configuration as soon as I find the right place. And I already feel right at home! Thanks!:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hey and Welcome. :D

You will be able to post your security configuration here:
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.