Hello from Oregon, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

1JeffT

Thread author
Sep 19, 2013
Just wanted to follow the suggestion in Jack's awesome welcome letter by dropping by and saying hi to everyone here in the community before I head off to see if I can in fact find a solution for good old error code

0x80070424"

... on my 2011 Dell factory installed Windows 7 system.

Yes I got a couple nasty bugs very recently and this is the first problem of any kind since I bought this system almost exactly 2 years ago.

CryptoLocker and Antivirus Service Pro seem to be the names of the 2 "issues" / illnesses my system came down with.

Also came to find out Restore was never turned on and my system doesn't seem to have any restore points at all.

Anyway, I can't say how glad I am to find this awesome community and I'll look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Hello fellow Oregonian

and a big welcome to MalwareTips forum kick off your shoes and set right down theres a lot of
good people and info for you here

i hope you seen this thread about Cryptolocker
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CryptoLocker-The-Scariest-Virus-I-seen?highlight=CryptoLocker

i'm in Portland

James

:)

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.