Hello. Has anyone heard of a virus named Langworthy?

Hal Ready

Thread author
Feb 18, 2014
I have a female friend who for the last two days as received multiple threats on face book that appear in what she calls flash form. before she can do anything about it the pop up disappears. Here is one example..

" I can’t wait to see you again I will see you at a certain time and it will be at a time that you will be out and about."

My question to you all is, is this a virus or a legitimate threat?

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Certainly not a virus - 99.99% of the things that people refer to the virus, isn't viruses. It is just someone's joke, but not a virus. Apparently, it is also one of the many possibilities of Facebook, where people can demonstrate their chances. But it's just Facebook.
You should be proud of your girl (female) friend over - after all, many of others likes she.
Obviously, you've made a good choice.

Hal Ready

Thread author
Feb 18, 2014
Certainly not a virus - 99.99% of the things that people refer to the virus, isn't viruses. It is just someone's joke, but not a virus. Apparently, it is also one of the many possibilities of Facebook, where people can demonstrate their chances. But it's just Facebook.
You should be proud of your girl (female) friend over - after all, many of others likes she.
Obviously, you've made a good choice.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.