Hello, I’m Boots and from Illinois

New Members Introduction
15 Replies 1,875 Views
Thread details
Region
North America
Age group
41 - 50
Last known PC infection
Over 5 years ago or never
Favorite web browser
Google Chrome
Favorite mobile OS
Android
Favorite desktop OS
Windows
Favorite antivirus
Unsure
Favorite video game
Old school Atari 2600 games from my childhood
Hobbies
    • Arts and craft

Boots

New Member
Hello
I work or worked as a registered nurse.
I have difficulty with expressing myself due to a recent stroke.
I am unaware of what has been going on with technology in the past 10 years.
I used to only purchase Android smartphones and then switched to iPhone out of convenience. I find much of Android to be more intuitive.

I found this site because I performed a web search for a phone number with a (646) area code. It was a text message from whomever asking me to come to a barbecue.

According to this website I should be suspicious.

More about me: I became interested in computers when my dad bought me and my brother an IBM PC jr back in the 1980s. I loved it but wanted a Commodore 64. We also subscribed to a magazine called Family Computing and there was a small section where you could enter code. I was 7 or 8 at the time and stopped when real life set in.

I hope I gave a good introduction. This forum is very useful for someone like me. Thank you from Boots.
 
Hello Boots,

Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear about your interest in technology from a young age. Don't worry about not being up to date, this community is here to help. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Stay cautious with unknown numbers and enjoy your time here!
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top