Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft should not be able to just install stuff on to your computer, without your knowledge. If I could upgrade, I would buy the Pro version. Microsoft are more like the NSA, they install stuff whenever they like.

If you knew how to configure Windows, you wouldn't have any issues.

The 2 KB updates are Optional if you have this setting.

upload_2015-6-1_18-55-19.png

And because of this, I have 57 optional updates.
upload_2015-6-1_18-57-22.png

Windows 10 Pro will cost about $100-$150.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Microsoft is saying it will be available at july 29.
What about this can someone explain?
The picture is from laptop.
Look at rigt bottom of the picture
Untitled.png

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
No need to answer since i have found out the thread about this matter in MT;)

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Clean install i.e format/install would be possible? How?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Clean install i.e format/install would be possible? How?

Clean Install can be possible on all Windows version however deploying ISO will be vary on ETA.

Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade should recognize the license key install per OEM or purchase key.

However clean install will be something different, the mere fact Windows license key which are OEM may not accept unless its a valid purchase key.

D

Deleted member 178

Clean Install can be possible on all Windows version however deploying ISO will be vary on ETA.

Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade should recognize the license key install per OEM or purchase key.

However clean install will be something different, the mere fact Windows license key which are OEM may not accept unless its a valid purchase key.

you can retrieve your OEM key by various method. the best one is my method :D

D

Deleted member 2913

What I meant was if one upgrades thorugh windows updates to win 10, everything will be taken care of automatically.

How will one do clean i.e format/install with ISO?
i.e I download ISO & put it in CD/USB & do a clean i.e format/install. What about the win 10 key? What key will I enter for activation?

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
They will give option to make ISO image file. make USB/CD installation media.

i really don't know how they will handle the key.
One thing they can do is ask for old key. Then they will give a new key for windows 10 activation.

D

Deleted member 2913

They will give option to make ISO image file. make USB/CD installation media.

i really don't know how they will handle the key.
One thing they can do is ask for old key. Then they will give a new key for windows 10 activation.
They could do this.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo : As an assurance, if Windows 7 license key use for clean install in Windows 10 under of one year grace period then it should be valid. Unless I'm wrong on that logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.