Call of Duty series

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Here's a belated Welcome to you, yigido, and thanks for joining MT forums.:) I am, as you know, fond of Comodo's "Dragons".:D How have you been liking Maxthon?
I used to have a cousin down in Oklahoma that was really good at football. I have never watched much football; only American football. The football cult following truly amazes me. I wonder how long football has been around? It surely cannot be that old of a sport.
As to American Football, I think it's forerunner was Rugby.
Here's what I found on Wikipedia:
"American football evolved from the sport of rugby football. The first American football game was played on November 6, 1869 between Rutgers and Princeton. The game was played between two teams of 25 players each, used a round ball, and resembled a combination of rugby and soccer in its rules; the ball could not be picked up or carried, but it could be kicked or batted with the feet, hands, head or sides, with the ultimate goal of advancing it into the opponent's goal. Rutgers won the game 6-4. ".
Here is an excerpt about the sport we "colonists" came to realize is the older more popular "Football" throughout the rest of the world:
"Two of the earliest recorded football type games from Europe include Episkyros from Ancient Greece and the Roman version Harpastum, which similar to pre-codified "Mob Football" involved more handling the ball than kicking. Other competitive games revolving around the kicking of a ball have been played in a few countries throughout history, such as cuju in China. Non-competitive games included kemari in Japan and woggabaliri in Australia. The modern rules of association football are based on the mid-19th century efforts to standardise the widely varying forms of football played in the public schools of England. The history of football in England dates back to at least the eighth century. ".

Last edited:

BrecMadak

Level 1
Sep 5, 2014
I'm also new here, and hello to you too brother, here looks like a friendly and informative community. Cheers all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.