Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

Thread author
Mar 26, 2014
Hello everyone!

I am new to malwaretips.com. I read messages on this site and have found a lot of infomration on this site useful. Thank you to the administrators.

I noticed in one of your site messages that there will be no more security updates for Windows XP OS starting 8th April 2014. I would like to ask as to what we should do if we have Windows XP? Should we buy new Windows 8?

Sincerely,
Dee

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Welcome to MT!
As for windows XP, Security updates are ending and my personal advice is if possible to buy a new system with at least windows 7 or 8.
I'm not sure what kind of system you have and if it was build for XP but assuming so, I would advise not to upgrade windows xp to a newer OS as newer OSs have not been made to run on older hardware that was meant for XP. This is coming from personal experience, I upgraded my old system to windows 7 as it was an old XPS built for XP. It ran, but not as it should have and it eventually died.
So as I said, I highly recommend buying a newer system that is built for and runs windows 7 or 8.

Reactions: Venustus

Dee

Thread author
Mar 26, 2014
Welcome to MT!
As for windows XP, Security updates are ending and my personal advice is if possible to buy a new system with at least windows 7 or 8.
I'm not sure what kind of system you have and if it was build for XP but assuming so, I would advise not to upgrade windows xp to a newer OS as newer OSs have not been made to run on older hardware that was meant for XP. This is coming from personal experience, I upgraded my old system to windows 7 as it was an old XPS built for XP. It ran, but not as it should have and it eventually died.
So as I said, I highly recommend buying a newer system that is built for and runs windows 7 or 8.

Dee

Thread author
Mar 26, 2014
Thanks for the helpful tip! I will check whether my OS is new enough to install the latest windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.