Advice Request Help in choosing a password manager

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

dark_wielder

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I use Google Chrome because it can sync all my information and passwords on different devices but i don't like its stability. I want to use other browsers, but then I have problems.

I am looking for a free password manager extension, I am waiting for your suggestions. I tried the Opera and the new Edge before, but later I couldn't transfer my passwords to Google Chrome. I manually added :mad: my new passwords because the file formats are different. It is very important for me that the export ability of the extension I want to use is compatible with Google Chrome. Might be needed later.

I wanted to try Bitdefender Wallet, but I couldn't import my passwords because Google Chrome is not compatible with export.

It is important for me that export and import format compatibility, reliable and free.
I am waiting for your suggestions .

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
UPDATE: I finally got Bitwarden to import my data and I love it so far. YAY. (Don't ask how, it was a mess!) I will tell you.... I had to import my data from Norton Password manager into Kaspersky password manager and THEN export that to Bitwarden. (WHEW) BTW I am using Kaspersky free cloud and because of their sorry password limitations I did the 30 day upgrade free trial to get the full password manager just so I could import and export my data! (y)
Out of curiosity I did try Kaspersky while my data was imported on a few sites and it was an epic fail, would only log in my password and not the user ID. But once the data was imported from there into Bitwarden it worked flawlessly!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.