Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Start
CloseProcesses:
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001_Classes\CLSID\{AB8902B4-09CA-4bb6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32 -> rundll32.exe javascript:"\..\mshtml,RunHTMLApplication ";eval("epdvnfou/xsjuf)(=tdsjqu!mbohvbhf>ktds (the data entry has 247 more characters). <==== Poweliks?
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001\...A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32: rundll32.exe javascript:"\..\mshtml,RunHTMLApplication ";eval("epdvnfou/xsjuf)(=tdsjqu!mbohvbhf>ktds (the data entry has 239 more characters). <==== Poweliks!
HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001\...\MountPoints2: {2775b662-d7ab-11e2-9b61-0019dbb5fa27} - H:\MotorolaDeviceManagerSetup.exe -a
HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001\...\MountPoints2: {2fa3d91e-3c61-11e4-8e55-0019dbb5fa27} - H:\MotoCastSetup.exe -a
Toolbar: HKCU - No Name - {759D9886-0C6F-4498-BAB6-4A5F47C6C72F} - No File
Handler: belarc - {6318E0AB-2E93-11D1-B8ED-00608CC9A71F} - No File
Handler: gopher - {79eac9e4-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b} - No File
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File
C:\ProgramData\TempComcastSecureBackupShare-update-94576f825cbee21cffeff81117efd21f.exe
EmptyTemp:
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers
End
I did as you said and ran FRST64 with the new fixlist.txt made from the above code in the same folder. The program ran for several minutes and then a windows dialogue popped up saying FRST64 has stopped working. So I don't know if the full fix was completely implemented or not. I uploaded the fixlog.txt file here. When I call up Task Manager, I still see a couple of dlhost.exe COM Surrogate processes running. Is that normal? I reset the IE browser security setting to default Med-High (I assumed the virus changed them to custom settings). Still seem to have some problems downloading files, but definitely the system is running better than the last few days. I will observe the system for more abnormal behavior. Anything else I should do? Did the full fix get implemented before the FRST64 stopped running? I do appreciate you help.1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.
To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system
2. Save notepad as fixlist.txt to your Desktop.Code:Start CloseProcesses: CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001_Classes\CLSID\{AB8902B4-09CA-4bb6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32 -> rundll32.exe javascript:"\..\mshtml,RunHTMLApplication ";eval("epdvnfou/xsjuf)(=tdsjqu!mbohvbhf>ktds (the data entry has 247 more characters). <==== Poweliks? HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X] HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001\...A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32: rundll32.exe javascript:"\..\mshtml,RunHTMLApplication ";eval("epdvnfou/xsjuf)(=tdsjqu!mbohvbhf>ktds (the data entry has 239 more characters). <==== Poweliks! HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001\...\MountPoints2: {2775b662-d7ab-11e2-9b61-0019dbb5fa27} - H:\MotorolaDeviceManagerSetup.exe -a HKU\S-1-5-21-700757172-2191707310-3469854750-1001\...\MountPoints2: {2fa3d91e-3c61-11e4-8e55-0019dbb5fa27} - H:\MotoCastSetup.exe -a Toolbar: HKCU - No Name - {759D9886-0C6F-4498-BAB6-4A5F47C6C72F} - No File Handler: belarc - {6318E0AB-2E93-11D1-B8ED-00608CC9A71F} - No File Handler: gopher - {79eac9e4-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b} - No File FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled No File C:\ProgramData\TempComcastSecureBackupShare-update-94576f825cbee21cffeff81117efd21f.exe EmptyTemp: CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers End
NOTE: => It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
3. Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warned you about the outdated version please download and run the updated version.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes