Advice Request Help me to decide things about Avast File Shield Customizations.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerSpy007

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 29, 2017
Q. 1.There is a Heuristic Scale and Test Whole file box in File shield.
Should I Scale up it to high (from normal) and check the "Test whole File" box, for better protection?

Q 2. There are two tabs in File Shield settings, "Scan when opening" and "Scan when Writing"
Should I tick the Scan All files in both Opening and Writing for better Protection? (It will scan all files that are being opened or written in the system ;) but there will be negative impact that IDC)

Q. 3. Should I tick "All Packers" or go with Default packers.

Q. 4. Should I activate Avast Aggressive Hardened mode because I don't like Voodooshield as it shows its Pro Version Advertisement in every Startup which is too much annoying for me.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Q1 to Q2 leave it as they are.

Q3 I used to enable zip only (because I only use windows zip), when you have an additional unzip program (like 7zip) it would not hurt to add the most common compressed formats like zip, 7zip and rar

Q4: Avast has a cloud whitelist, unless you install a lot of exotic programs, that cloud whitelist should work fine. Somewhere in 2018 (product manager of Avast told me in an email) hardened mode will be extended to improve protection against worms launched from scripts (so video's of Cruel Sister seem to have been watched in Prague also :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.