Troubleshoot Help Needed with Browsers Constantly Opening

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
This is my problem. My default browser keeps both opening new windows randomly and redirecting my tabs to my home page. Nothing seems to work so far, not even formatting. If I could have some help to this problem, I would appreciate it. Below is the link that describes the entire situation. Thanks in advance for any help.

Possile Google Redirect Virus

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

HeroCloudAntivirus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Check your keyboard and make sure no buttons are malfunctioning since formatting didn't work.
Download adwcleaner, malwarebytes using another computer if yours doesnt work.
Run full scan, if its a malware it will be removed hopefully..
Disable your internet and see if it works as usual(no tabs opening..)
If that works maybe your computer is getting controlled remotely, did you download anything suspicious out of the web cause that can be the problem.
Check your processes and dont enter any bank account info cause if anyone is controlling your computer he can see what you are doing.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I suggest downloading zemana portable and do a deep scan (not smart scan) -> remove possible threats

if it cannot be solved, try to remove all chrome extensions. Can you list all your chrome extensions in english? I read your report but I didn't understand the language

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
He may need to adventure into safe mode and totally remove the browsers , run Ccleaner, then
go the AdwCleaner ect. route from safe mode.
Some browser jackers are becoming rather sneaky and aggressive.

Reactions: askmark and frogboy
Upvote 0
O

Omnipotent

This is all i can think of:

1. Check your DNS settings in network and sharing center.
2. Check your Hosts file.
3. Make sure an infected USB isn't plugged into your PC.
4. Make a new Google account and test on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

SmileMore

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
If now you logout from your google account, your browser become normally fonctional, is that right? if yes, uninstall chrome, clean your computer using ccleaner for ex., install chrome again and make a new google account; try to logon to your browser with this new account and test your browser. Let me know what you get.
Good luck and SmileMore:)
By the way, is that CMPunk in your picture profile?

Reactions: askmark
Upvote 0

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
The problem happens regardless of me being logged in on my google account or not. I already tried disabling all my extensions and reinstalling chrome. And yes, it's CM Punk. :)

He may need to adventure into safe mode and totally remove the browsers , run Ccleaner, then
go the AdwCleaner ect. route from safe mode.
Some browser jackers are becoming rather sneaky and aggressive.

How do I do this?

I suggest downloading zemana portable and do a deep scan (not smart scan) -> remove possible threats

if it cannot be solved, try to remove all chrome extensions. Can you list all your chrome extensions in english? I read your report but I didn't understand the language

i tried Zemana, among many other malware removers. Sometimes it reported HoHo. But it isn't on my installed programs or browsers. Current scans are coming clean. My extensions are Google Docs, Google Docs offline, Spread Sheet editing, Google presentations, Mcafee site advisor, skype and RealDownloader,. which is a video program I've used before without any problems.

This is all i can think of:

1. Check your DNS settings in network and sharing center.
2. Check your Hosts file.
3. Make sure an infected USB isn't plugged into your PC.
4. Make a new Google account and test on that.

Also don't know how to do this. I will probably need to be guided through the process.

Upvote 0

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Apparently changing the keyboard worked. (At least for now, wouldn't be the first time I thought It was solved and it wasn't.) If it was the keyboard doing it, what does it mean? Is it incompatible with my system or does it have a specific problem?

Upvote 0

SmileMore

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
I did attentively read your thread "Possile Google Redirect Virus", it seem that something is automaticly changing your browser setting, so you need a security software which prevent this automatic change.
In my case, Kaspersky is installed on my PC and prevent automatic change of my firefox browser setting for ex...
Maybe also you can find some extension which prevent automatic change...
Good luck and never give up, SmileMore :)

Reactions: FrFc1908
Upvote 0

SmileMore

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Apparently changing the keyboard worked. (At least for now, wouldn't be the first time I thought It was solved and it wasn't.) If it was the keyboard doing it, what does it mean? Is it incompatible with my system or does it have a specific problem?
this means that the driver installed by your keyboard has authorization access to change some setting on your PC (your browser included). what type of keyboad are you using?

It can be hardware problem too, is there any key on your keyboard which redirect you to the home page of your browser?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
this means that the driver installed by your keyboard has authorization access to change some setting on your PC (your browser included). what type of keyboad are you using?

My knowledge of that stuff is reduced. I will try to put a pic of it here. Is there a way to fix this? Cause it's a pretty handy keyboard, even if old.

Upvote 0

SmileMore

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Are you 100% sure that the problem come from your keyboard? if yes, it can be hardware problem (ask the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance) or problem from the software and/or driver installed by your keyboard (even ask the manufacturer for assistance).
I'm not expert in both but I can use my logic to assist you :).

To access the keyboard driver and setting, you may go to control panel + Hardware and sound (view devices and printers), your keyboard logo will show up with other devices and printers, right clic on the keyboard and then keyboard setting (I don't know what you will get here because I don't know what type of keyboard is yours, but you will be lucky enough seeing something related to your browser). if you see nothing related to your browser in the keyboard settings, try to find what software are installed by your keyboard by going for example to programs and features in your control panel. "Some keyboards and mouses install some software for more control by the user and more". If no software appear to be installed by the keyboard other than the driver, ask the manufacturer to replace this dam keyboard + 5000 USD damage for your dead time.

Good luck and have fun ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Are you 100% sure that the problem come from your keyboard? if yes, it can be hardware problem (ask the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance) or problem from the software and/or driver installed by your keyboard (even ask the manufacturer for assistance).
I'm not expert in both but I can use my logic to assist you :).

To access the keyboard driver and setting, you may go to control panel + Hardware and sound (view devices and printers), your keyboard logo will show up with other devices and printers, right clic on the keyboard and then keyboard setting (I don't know what you will get here because I don't know what type of keyboard is yours, but you will be lucky enough seeing something related to your browser). if you see nothing related to your browser in the keyboard settings, try to find what software are installed by your keyboard by going for example to programs and features in your control panel. "Some keyboards and mouses install some software for more control by the user and more". If no software appear to be installed by the keyboard other than the driver, ask the manufacturer to replace this dam keyboard + 5000 USD damage for your dead time.

Good luck and have fun ;)

Thanks. I will try to do those steps. I am now sure it's the keyboard since the PC is working fine after the switch. But it's a laptop that I use as a desktop, so maybe the ELAN touchpad update may be in conflict?

Upvote 0

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
It's a Trust Slimline like this, but a bit older. although the functioning is pretty much the same.
trustSlimline.jpg

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.