Possile Google Redirect Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
So my Google Chrome account apparently has some Redirect vírus and keeps opening new tabs and Windows of Google home Page or redirecting all my tabs to Google home Page. I have tried every free program and tutorial available, i even tried hitmanpro and malwarebytes. If i could afford a paid one, i would have tried it too.

I even tried reinstalling Windows and formatting the harddrive, which worked Until i logged in my Google account. This one im using now and where i am only able to post on my Phone, since my laptop keeps redirecting me to the google homepage. I cant seem to find and eliminate whats going on. I can't even log in in this account in my computer as it keeps redirecting me. What can i do?

Please help. No program seems to help. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (It was Ultimate Pro when it first started, but I even reformatted and changed OS and the problem returned.) I'm currently using
Google Chrome 54.0.2840.59 (Compilação oficial) m (64 bits).

i have tried resetting browsers, Stalin and reinstall them, resetting them, several programs like kaspersky and HitmanPro, SpyHunter 4 (full version) MalwareBytes, etc. If it exists, I have used it. Finally I checked with Plumbytes and what I got is this:

http://i.imgur.com/5X4uUcd.jpg

No other program detects it, no other tutorial has helped me. It is not installed on my programs and it is not on my browser searches. It only seems to affect IE if I uninstall Chrome. I also trie Chrome Canary, but also happened with it. I would please appreciate all the help I can have to resolve this. Thank you in advance.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Files attached, Sorry for forgetting that part.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    86.9 KB · Views: 5

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Yes. Aong as I keep IE closed, only seems to happen on Chrome. But if i uninstall Chrome, IE starts opening up everywhere.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Yes. As long as I keep IE closed, only seems to happen on Chrome. But if i uninstall Chrome, IE starts opening up everywhere.

Sorry for the double post. Mistype.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
I do. It's an ADSL connection. Can now confirm that the problem might be on my Chrome account and not the computer. I placed another harddrive with another OS and as soon as Windows started, Chrome pages started opening. Is there a way to recover the integrity of the account and not lose all the data there? Google support forums have not been of any help so far.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Do you have a Google account on your Internet Explorer?

No. It simply opens the default browser, regardless of what it is. If I use Chrome as default, it open Chrome, if i uninstall chrome, IE starts opening up and/or redirecting to the preset homepage.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    31 bytes · Views: 10

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
As I said, I changed harddrive during this and here are the logs for the new one. It runs on Windows 10 Pro. I also tried a different computer on my network without logging into my google account and it did not have any issues. Here are my reports for the new OP. I still applied the fix you gave me on windows 10, but I don't know if that makes a difference. If it does I apologize. The problem is still there.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    837 bytes · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    170.4 KB · Views: 1

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
I'd like to add that its now affecting Edge, even though its not my default browser.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Can you reset your router to factory settings?

Already did. Problem remained. But only affects this computer where i signed in my Google account. Tried using a friends computer with my net, without signing in on the google account, no problem at all. Formatting the hdd and changing Os didnt solve it either. This is why i think my Google account is corrupted by some threath. (Still no response from Google)

Is there anyway i can fix this?

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Can't believe what I'm gonna say, but that seems to actually have worked. Thank you so much for the help. I'd like to request for the thread not to be marked as solved yet, as it wouldn't be the first time I think it's solved only to be wrong. If I remain problem free in the next few days I will post here so that this can be marked as resolved. Again, thank you so much. If this indeed solved it, I can't believe it was so simple.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
It did not work. After a couple of restarts it eventually started again. At this point I have no idea what to do.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Is it possible that whatever infected me, did so in the Bios? If so how do i remove it?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Is it possible that whatever infected me, did so in the Bios? If so how do i remove it?

Please, don't fall on these idiots stories about bios hacks. Why would someone hack your BIOS just to show ads? Come on.

Your computer isn't infected. If you have no problems without your Google account logged, then it is a problem.

Reactions: Dirk41
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.