Possile Google Redirect Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Please, don't fall on these idiots stories about bios hacks. Why would someone hack your BIOS just to show ads? Come on.

Your computer isn't infected. If you have no problems without your Google account logged, then it is a problem.

If it's not in the Bios then what can it be? I formatted my secondary Hdd (im still on windows 10, I just tested the other and replaced with after the test) installed windows 7, problem began without me even login in to my Chrome account. So at this point I don't think it's the account. If I do have something, it's either Bios or it hides itself well from programs that remove malware. But that's just my opinion and I'm no expert. What can be happening here in this specific case? A brand new install of Windows 7 that I made in a hard drive, no signing in on my account and there it was, default browser causing problems again.

akujy

Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Then I don't know what you do to get this. That is impossible. It is most likely web page based, there is no other explanation. You should open topic here and see what other people has to say, I don't have more ideas:

Troubleshooting Software - Questions and Help!

Such stupid thing as BIOS hack doesn't exist.

Are you saying it's phisically impossible for a BIOS to be attacked? (I'm not asking as irony, I'm asking cause I'm not an expert and you know about this way more than me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.