Troubleshoot Help on Zenith Monitor driver Issue

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Couldn't paly paly games due to high regulation issue even payed this one before in same pc and did not get HD image quality
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Update graphics card driver but neither resolved nor found Monitor Driver till now.
moniter2.JPG
View attachment 78784 Still not played any games nor get HD quality images due to my monitor driver error ,
Here is my monitor details:
Company :Zenith
Model no : Z1NW
Type: LCD
Power : AC100 240V, 50-60Hz, 1.0A

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Maybe you can try adjusting cleartype font calibration in control panel. Try getting the driver from the manufacturer. Go to Nvidia GPU Control center/panel to untick EDID info under display properties and set the refresh rate to 60Hz.

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
still not found anything in web ,,, nor resolved by changing regulation manually from graphics card menu..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I'd jump to the next message #6 and clean install your video card drivers as explained in the next message and then check the cabling as mentioned in links in message #7 If all fails come back here and try to find drivers specific to your monitor, but I really don't think that is the issue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm it appears that Zenith (if it's the american company that used to makes TVs as well) has been wholly owned by LG Electronics since 1999. Home - Zenith Electronics

Your best bet might be the LG Software, Firmware and Drivers section: LG Software & Firmware | LG U.S.A

I searched for the model number z1nw and got no matches. You can also search by your serial number which might give better results.

Do you want to share the serial number? Usually they are generic codes followed by the last few digits specifying the exact unit, even the first digits of the serial number might help. It would also help to know what country you purchased it in, I checked your account and it's not there or I missed it. That and what size monitor it is and approx how old it is.

If we knew the country the monitor came from, and which Zenith (I see in india there is a pc builder called Zenith) Zenith- Always on

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Another possibility is that it's your video card driver's fault. Have you tried installing the newest driver for your specific video card from the manufacturer? That seemed to solve a similar case here: Solved Monitor Resolution Issue - Windows 10 Forums

If you do not know which video card you have, you can use a free tool called Speccy from the makers of Ccleaner (Piriform): direct link to the standard free version: Speccy - Standard

If you run it you'll see your monitor (probably wrongly identified as a generic non-pnp monitor with the graphic card details under it:

2015-12-23 17_49_27-Piriform Speccy.jpg

In my case it's clearly an Nvidia GTX 660 and I'd go find drivers for that, install them and see if it solved my monitor issue. It's worth a try!

EDIT: I see you already tried installing the video card driver. I would then recommend doing a squeaky clean fresh install of your newest video card driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). You launch DDU, it reboots you to safe mode, you pick an option, recommended being remove and restart, it cleans off the old video drivers and restarts you to normal windows. Then proceed to install your fresh new driver theoretically free from any old bits of driver or registry entries getting in the way.

DDU download: official download link is in this forum post: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.2.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Info on the product: What is DDU? - Wagnardmobile Forum

Worst case scenario is you spend 10 minutes or less doing this for free and even if it doesn't fix that problem, you can pretty much rule out any issues with the video card driver once and for all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
And it could also be cable issues: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2265838/screen-resolution-issue-generic-pnp-monitor.html

Maybe your cable has an extension on it or just plain isn't connected tightly? I know, grasping at straws now but to sum, it could be your video card driver, it could be the cable connecting your monitor keeping your video card drivers from recognizing and properly setting the resolution for the monitor, and it *could* be lack of a driver for that specific monitor, but I do not think so.

It's that 'non-pnp monitor' windows is seeing that worries me. Unless you're using an ancient CRT I thought they were all plug and play. That's why I figure it's more likely video driver or cabling issues. You specify that it is an LCD.

There's good tips in the thread linked how on setting custom resolutions with your video card driver configuration tool, but it looks like you tried that too. They specifically talk about nvidia but I would assume radeon has much the same capability.

If none of this helps I'd try googling "windows non-pnp monitor" and you'll see lots of people with similar problems and solutions.

Sorry if you're still broken after a DDU clean install of video drivers and checking all the cabling and connections.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Hi thanks for reply .. but still I have not been able to find any DRIVER of my Monitor , Here is the serial no Z19W0643M000282

Upvote 0

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Any luck? If it's still not working I'd do the following troubleshooting steps in order:

1) turn off your computer
2) unplug the monitor from your video card
3) open your case, remove and then reinstall your video card carefully but firmly - funny things can happen if it's not properly seated
4) carefully plug your monitor into the video card - if the video card has 2 outputs, use the one you don't usually use to see if your normal output is touchy
5) power up your machine and let windows boot up fully, it might just auto-update your card/monitor drivers if it's plugged in and detected properly due to res-seating the video card/checking your monitor plug connections to the card
6) if still no luck, manually check for windows updates
7) if still no luck, run DDU to reboot in safe mode, remove all video drivers for your card and then restart your machine
8) install the newest video card driver direct from nvidia/geforce or wherever the drivers for your card come from
9) if still not working, turn your machine off and find another computer or (another video card to put in your machine) to test the monitor on
10) if the monitor is detected and functions properly, you can think about blaming your video card, but hopefully it's still just a driver issue
11) if the monitor is not detected and still functions incorrectly, it might be a bad cable or the monitor might be going =(
12) if you think the monitor may be at fault, borrow a friend's *working* monitor and try plugging it into your video card and see if it is detected and functions properly on its own (don't install any monitor drivers, it should happen by itself with windows)
13) if borrowed monitor is detected/works normally, blame your monitor or cable again, not your video card driver
14) if borrowed monitor is also not detected and functions oddly, it might be the video card and/or the driver

Hopefully you have access to a normally working machine and monitor so you can test your own monitor on the working system, and test the working monitor on your system. This will really help in isolating the problem.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.