Battle Help to choose the best case for airflow.

Maximum budget (USD)
$100
Compare list
Meshify C TG
Corsair 275r Airflow
Corsair 4000D
ADATA XPG Starker
Asus Tuf Gt301
XPG Valor Air
Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh
Be Quiet! PURE BASE 500DX
Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh
Important factors
  1. Build quality and materials
  2. Design / Aesthetics
  3. Price
  4. Performance

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I am looking to replace my old thermaltake case with something a little better. I've been looking within my budget and these are the ones I liked the most. I was not looking at gamers nexus to see the results because I did not find them. Well I hope your help. Thank you very much. Thanks for your help.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
As a Meshify C owner for over two years now, I can tell you air flow is not very good out of the box. It comes with two dainty little 80 mm case fans and these are barely able to move the air from one end to the other at UEFI-default rpm. My cpu cooler( Noctua) does a much better job moving air. If you can replace the two case fans with two or more larger-diameter ones, then that MIGHT be a different story. The tempered glass side panel is a potential hazard--I have to be VERY careful not to split the glass around any of the four screws when I remove it to swap out my nvm-e drive. So far, it's held up OK but one never knows.

I'm saving up for a new build and will be moving to Lian Li--prob. one in the 011 Dynamic line. This is above your budget (179 USD and up) but is a superior case from what I understand.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
As a Meshify C owner for over two years now, I can tell you air flow is not very good out of the box. It comes with two dainty little 80 mm case fans and these are barely able to move the air from one end to the other at UEFI-default rpm. My cpu cooler( Noctua) does a much better job moving air. If you can replace the two case fans with two or more larger-diameter ones, then that MIGHT be a different story. The tempered glass side panel is a potential hazard--I have to be VERY careful not to split the glass around any of the four screws when I remove it to swap out my nvm-e drive. So far, it's held up OK but one never knows.

I'm saving up for a new build and will be moving to Lian Li--prob. one in the 011 Dynamic line. This is above your budget (179 USD and up) but is a superior case from what I understand.
Thank you very much, you can see here several Lian Li models but you will see that they are not related to the price in dollars, because in my country many things happened and happen that I will not explain here. Some are within my budget, but others are not and I would not spend 80 thousand Argentine pesos on a case.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I added a few more within my budget, hopefully you can help me decide. Thank you very much.

:)

• Applause
Reactions: show-Zi

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Corsair 4000D. I find Corsair products to be well made.

Fractal cases out of your budget? I usually go with Fractal Design Define cases in new builds. Well-made and they look very nice.

*edit* Just read you are from Argentina. I understand the economy is bad there. If you can't afford Fractal, then go with Corsair.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and eonline

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
According to this graphic from the guys at gamers nexus there is very little difference between the lian li mesh 2 and the 4000d. I have two 140mm silent wings and a 120mm pure wings to add, plus the 4000d supports vertical gpu. I think I'll go for that Corsair cabinet but I'm not really convinced yet.
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Zero Knowledge

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
What I criticize the most about this case is its cable management, it is lousy so if someone in the future is thinking of buying one of these they should know that it is not very good. The only thing I liked is that it is discreet and compact, it is not a Christmas tree. It is also noticeable that they saved a lot in the choice of construction materials which is understandable because it is an entry line. At the price I bought it for, I can't complain.

20221121_153144.jpg

Reactions: show-Zi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.