Solved Help to uninstall Comodo completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguna

Thread author
Jun 11, 2013
Help to unistall Comodo completely

Can someone please help me with a partial removal of Comodo Internet Security 2013? I have tried to uninstall with Your Uninstaller, but it pops back up.

I tried to uninstall Comodo internet Security 2013 but only got a partial uninstall. Can someone please help me. I attempted to re-install the program but it wont let me due to the partial uninstall. I have tried Your Uninstaller 2013 with no success. I have also used adwcleaner with no success.

S

starchild76

If you have windows 7 , you can use comodo programs manager , its an uninstaller. the good thing about this program is , that it also will remove failed installation or partial uninstalls : left over folders and registry keys! note : this program is not compatible with windows 8!!!

you can download it from here :

http://programs-manager.comodo.com/

I hope this will help you!!! good luck!!

edit : you could also give this tool a try , appremover :

http://www.appremover.com/

Upvote 0

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

From my past experience of 5.10 version, it was always the most difficult firewall to uninstall (i mean if you want something clean).
Unofficial tool from comodo forum isn't enough and didn't clean it at all, from my experience.
Sorry can't help you more as i don't use comodo anymore^^

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you any experience in removing software manually? (ie. Files, Directories and the Windows Registry)

Upvote 0

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
i don't know if your answer was for me lol but yep earth i know how to remove manually files and clean manually registry but comodo was always the worse to uninstall; some registry key are totally blocked and impossible to clean

Upvote 0

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
alexp79 said:
i don't know if your answer was for me lol but yep earth i know how to remove manually files and clean manually registry but comodo was always the worse to uninstall; some registry key are totally blocked and impossible to clean

i've tried your uninstaller before in removing cis but it didn't remove it proberly, revo did great job.

Upvote 0

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
You should always create a system image before installing new security software then this hassle need not arise.

Upvote 0

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
member on comodo fourm linking to this removal tool by the Geekbuddy people:
[attachment=5205]

link here

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 5,163
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A secret weapon kept hidden by the least favourite product, GeekBuddy.

Thanks for the download link.

Upvote 0
Z

ZeroDay

If you open it in notepad you see it's set to remove all kinds of reg keys and services. Seems pretty comprehensive.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ZeroDay said:
If you open it in notepad you see it's set to remove all kinds of reg keys and services. Seems pretty comprehensive.

Copy of notepad text attached :

Looks very comprehensive, I wonder if it will remove the problem boot drivers associated with Comodo?

Enjoy!! :D

Attachments

• CIS+Removal+Tool+2013.bat.txt
    104 KB · Views: 4,634
Upvote 0

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Okay i retract my previous statement because i uninstall comodo via its own uninstall first and all that is left is temp files etc.

I have not tried using this tool on its own to uninstall comodo so maybe i was a bit too harsh on it.
I may try it next time.

Upvote 0

Benevolence

Aug 21, 2015
I know this is a Necro Thread, but having recently had this pop up on a client's computer, Revo Uninstaller worked beautifully for all Comodo Products. Turns out GeekBuddy leaves the door open for much worse programs like rootkits.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.