Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Laptop screen is flashing endlessly
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
sorry, I think this is not the session should I post this, I called my laptop this morning and it is only with the screen flashing, this all normal, only the screen that does not stop flashing :( out, what can it be? :(

Mod Edit: Moved to Troubleshooting (Hardware)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Did you install some recent update/software/driver recently? Is the notebook old and which Operating system it uses?

You can try booting into safe mode and see if you are successful.. from there you can do a selective startup.

It can also be hardware related, not sure about this "flashing screen", can you give some more details?

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Did you install some recent update/software/driver recently? Is the notebook old and which Operating system it uses?

You can try booting into safe mode and see if you are successful.. from there you can do a selective startup.

It can also be hardware related, not sure about this "flashing screen", can you give some more details?
Not installed, Windows 8.1
Friend the screen is only flashing endlessly, not for one second :(

You can try booting into safe mode and see if you are successful.. from there you can do a selective startup : I will do this :)

I called him this morning, there's nothing started flashing screen, it is impossible to use it because it disturbs a lot! My eyes no longer take it anymore.

And my English is not also help :(

Reactions: CySecy825 and Rishi
Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

I did what you said! But still the same
Please see this video, the screen is just so
It may be a problem with the right hardware? :(

1.mp4

Reactions: Rishi and CySecy825
Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Trank you this link may have helped me! :)
I went to see the Event Viewer and this error appears http://i.imgur.com/c32jf4Y.png?1

@Rishi O'que know this error means and how to solve?
I'll see the link!
I noticed that this image error appears when I turn on the notebook

The message says that the driver failed to load for the device : http://i.imgur.com/uwVITaw.png
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CySecy825
Upvote 0

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
That error indicates some driver failing to load at the startup, could you try reinstalling display drivers as indicated in my previous post(link)? This error maybe unrelated, but we cannot know for sure.

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
That error indicates some driver failing to load at the startup, could you try reinstalling display drivers as indicated in my previous post(link)? This error maybe unrelated, but we cannot know for sure.
I will do this! I just saw the link you left, I will follow the steps!
thank you so much ! Then I go back to imformar if the problem ended :)

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Friend I did all that has website link that u sent me.
I removed the battery, changed the screen resolution, shifted on the display, adjusted, moved up and down, uninstalled the video driver (Intel HD Graphics 4000), uninstalled the driver (generic monitor PnP), installed the display driver ( Intel HD Graphics 4000) downloaded straight from the frabricante ASUS site and installed again, restarted, then restart in safe mode, installed driver Booster to see if there was any update driver, and continues with the screen flashing :(
It should even be a hardware problem right?

Upvote 0

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
WudfRd is Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector

set "Windows Driver Foundation" found in services.msc to Automatic start and delete all USB Hubs in the device manager, then restart the PC which will reinstall the drivers again. "Windows Driver Foundation " in Windows 8.1 is normally set to manual (trigger).

See other methods posted here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/the-driver-driverwudfrd-failed-to-load-for-the/b9f3ad70-8b76-4688-be9f-4c2db434e91e
Then we move onto hardware part :

If these do not work then try to plugin HDMI / VGA port to an external monitor just to confirm hardware failure.Then you will have to get the LCD changed/repaired.Most probably the ribbon connector is the culprit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Try external display to see the prob appears or not.
Connected on a monitor, and the monitor screen is not flashing, only the notebook :(
I recorded in my notebook screen with a program, and the recorded video screen does not appear flashing, passed to a flash drive and saw video on a notebook from my sister. Weird :confused:

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

set "Windows Driver Foundation" found in services.msc to Automatic start and delete all USB Hubs in the device manager, then restart the PC which will reinstall the drivers again. "Windows Driver Foundation " in Windows 8.1 is normally set to manual (trigger).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/the-driver-driverwudfrd-failed-to-load-for-the/b9f3ad70-8b76-4688-be9f-4c2db434e91e

If these do not work then try to plugin HDMI / VGA port to an external monitor just to confirm hardware failure.Then you will have to get the LCD changed/repaired.Most probably the ribbon connector is the culprit.
I'll do it here! I'm looking at many sites about this issue here in Brazil is poor information :mad: , YouTube did not think anything like that.
Thank you for helping me this, I hope I can fix this :)

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

I did the steps of the link that u gave me.
I uninstalled the drivers, there when restarted the notebook gave lol blue screen.
I give up this problem, you gave me several processes that could solve and continues with the flashing screen :(
But if you know otherwise ...
thank you for trying to help! You gave very good tips! My notebook that with the same freshness lol
Trank you! :)

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
thank you to everyone who gave me tips on how to solve the problem!
Unfortunately the problem continues!
Thank you all for the attention! :)

Upvote 0

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
You should get it fixed/repaired from the manufacturer preferably, since it is a confirmed hardware issue, the LCD flicker is indicative of a faulty strip connector or something worse.

Upvote 0

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
@Rishi I'll do it, just so to solve the problem.
The strange thing is that the notebook is ASUS a very good brand, I know many friends who have notebook from ASUS for years, and it happened just me :/

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.