Advice Request Help With Applications Control (Kaspersky 2018)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Hello, Guys! :)
I have KIS 2018 English version Installed on my WIN10 Desktop Powerfull pc
It runs really good!
But I have one question
Sometimes the Applications controll blocks the audio stream of my game as I'm a gamer I play games
All of my KIS Is Deafult settings
I'm an advanced user
what Settings to change?
I want to change something In the applications controll so It wont block the audio of my game/games
Help please!

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
put your game to the Trusted group and KIS will leave it alone.
xA6KJOz.png

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
As Mekelek said!
@PCGamer did that work?
Also, set it to 'Trusted' only if it's a genuine game, because trusting it will give it a lot of privileges, rather full control of the system areas, though the System Watcher will be at watch.

Last edited:

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
put your game to the Trusted group and KIS will leave it alone.
xA6KJOz.png

As Mekelek said!
@PCGamer did that work?
Also, set it to 'Trusted' only if it's a genuine game, because trusting it will give it a lot of privileges, rather full control of the system areas, though the System Watcher will be at watch.
Okay, I've did that already 2 days ago But It seems to have again block the audio of the game
You guys need to remember Its not blocking the game from running Just some of the audio of the game
Now I did It trusted again
But I dont have "Load Rules for applications from KSN" And Trust Digitaliy signed applications"
Should I check It?

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Okay, I've did that already 2 days ago But It seems to have again block the audio of the game
You guys need to remember Its not blocking the game from running Just some of the audio of the game
Now I did It trusted again
But I dont have "Load Rules for applications from KSN" And Trust Digitaliy signed applications"
Should I check It?
Yeah, but setting it to trusted could help if any resource access was getting blocked (some cases).
Anyways, if the game is already set to 'Trusted', checking 'Load Rules for applications from KSN' and 'Trust Digitally signed applications' will have no positive effect on the game. Still try enabling them once and see what happens. If the program related files are getting blocked, and are trusted by KSN, the new settings can help.
Before that, please check the 'Application Activity' by right-clicking on Kaspersky icon in the taskbar. See if any game files are getting blocked due to them dynamically being added to 'low restricted' or 'high restricted' group. Sort the apps by 'last run' for the same.
(Also, are you sure Kasp is causing this issue? Did this happen when Kasp wasn't installed or enabled?)

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Yeah, but setting it to trusted could help if any resource access was getting blocked (some cases).
Anyways, if the game is already set to 'Trusted', checking 'Load Rules for applications from KSN' and 'Trust Digitally signed applications' will have no positive effect on the game. Still try enabling them once and see what happens. If the program related files are getting blocked, and are trusted by KSN, the new settings can help.
Before that, please check the 'Application Activity' by right-clicking on Kaspersky icon in the taskbar. See if any game files are getting blocked due to them dynamically being added to 'low restricted' or 'high restricted' group. Sort the apps by 'last run' for the same.
(Also, are you sure Kasp is causing this issue? Did this happen when Kasp wasn't installed or enabled?)
I'm sure Its KASP Causing It
Beacuse I forgot to mention but couple days ago KASP Blocked the Anti-Cheat of the game [same game that we talking about]
And I had to do elxcusion for the Anti-cheat of the game so It wont block It
About the features with the applications control I asked overall If Its good to enalbe the both options that I asked about
Not only for the game
Like overall for my own Security If Its good?
Beacuse I didnt tweak KIS And I know you can do alot with It.

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I'm sure Its KASP Causing It
Beacuse I forgot to mention but couple days ago KASP Blocked the Anti-Cheat of the game [same game that we talking about]
And I had to do elxcusion for the Anti-cheat of the game so It wont block It
About the features with the applications control I asked overall If Its good to enalbe the both options that I asked about
Not only for the game
Like overall for my own Security If Its good?
Beacuse I didnt tweak KIS And I know you can do alot with It.
Overall, enabling them should be safe, though some of the long users at MT have disabled them because there are some chances (rare though) that malware may come with digital signature, or the KSN has wrongly classified applications due to many KSN Network users having miscategorized it (eg. BomberMaina.exe) etc.
For regular users, these options can take a good amount of burden off as KSN rules are mostly correct and helpful for a more efficient application control.
I recommend that you enable the two options, or atleast the KSN option. The System Watcher will anyways look after the malicious activities (if any) of all the groups, be it 'Trusted' or not.
Also, have a look at the brief of Application Control rules. This will help understand how, what it exactly blocks and the categorical info:
All programs installed on a computer refer to one of the following groups:
  • Trusted. Applications with a digital signature by trusted vendors, or applications which are recorded in the base of trusted applications. These applications have no restrictions applied on actions performed in the system. Those applications' activity is monitored by File Anti-Virus.
  • Low Restricted. Applications that do not have a digital signature from a trusted vendor, and which are not listed in the base of trusted applications. However, these applications have received low value of the threat rating. They are allowed to perform some operations, such as access to other processes, system control, hidden network access. The user's permission is required for most operations.
  • High Restricted. Applications without a digital signature and which are not listed in the base of trusted applications. These applications have a high value of the threat rating. The applications of this group require the user's permission for most actions which affect the system: some actions are not allowed for such applications.
  • Untrusted. Applications without a digital signature and which are not listed in the base of trusted applications. These applications have received a very high value of the threat rating. Application Control blocks any actions performed by such applications.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Overall, enabling them should be safe, though some of the long users at MT have disabled them because there are some chances (rare though) that malware may come with digital signature, or the KSN has wrongly classified applications due to many KSN Network users having miscategorized it (eg. BomberMaina.exe) etc.
For regular users, these options can take a good amount of burden off as KSN rules are mostly correct and helpful for a more efficient application control.
I recommend that you enable the two options, or atleast the KSN option. The System Watcher will anyways look after the malicious activities (if any) of all the groups, be it 'Trusted' or not.
Also, have a look at the brief of Application Control rules. This will help understand how, what it exactly blocks and the categorical info:
Okay, So I will enable both options :)

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@PCGamer did you check the 'Application Activity' to see if any game-related program is getting blocked due to classification to any non-trusted group?
If everything there looks fine, you can report them acc to @XhenEd's advice.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
@PCGamer did you check the 'Application Activity' to see if any game-related program is getting blocked due to classification to any non-trusted group?
If everything there looks fine, you can report them acc to @XhenEd's advice.
Yes, I've checked and all looks fine
How to report to them?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You may set this and check the logs generated in Application Control reports, if there is extra info when sound is blocked:

Sin título.png

About KSN rules and Trust digital signed applications: I have the 1st ALWAYS on, and the second ("paranoid mode") off :D but only for advanced users ;)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
You may set this and check the logs generated in Application Control reports, if there are an extra info when blocked sound:

About KSN rules and Trust digital signed applications: I have the 1st ALWAYS On, and the second ("paranoid mode") off :D but only for advanced users ;)
The best way to check specific permissions and blocking!
Screenshot will help a lot. This should give you the reason, if still the matter is not solved, you know what you can do further (post #9) :)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
You may set this and check the logs generated in Application Control reports, if there is extra info when sound is blocked:

About KSN rules and Trust digital signed applications: I have the 1st ALWAYS on, and the second ("paranoid mode") off :D but only for advanced users ;)
didn't know you can do that, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.