Help with browser redirects and popups

Georgeneedshelp

Thread author
Mar 28, 2014
Two days ago I downloaded a .doc file that I think was actually a virus. It was flagged by my antivirus (AVG) and identified as a Trojan. I followed the procedures and removed the virus, but noticed that my web browsers were redirecting to random websites and I was seeing popup ads. As a result, I installed Malware bytes and the system now is blocking sites.
The browser redirects continue. Malwarebytes seems to be blocking them and the Malwarebytes warning notice references google analytics domain and an IP address in the Netherlands, which can’t be good.
I’ve tried numerous antivirus scans included from this forum but they don’t turn anything up. I’ve also checked for extension in my browsers and can’t find anything.

Attachments

• aswMBR.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Addition.txt
    41.8 KB · Views: 101
  • FRST.txt
    73.9 KB · Views: 117

Georgeneedshelp

Thread author
Mar 28, 2014
I think i figured this out. My TCP settings had been set to run through the rogue proxy server. I changed the network settings and the problem seems to be solved.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.