Gnosis , No need to visit those sites.
Code:
http://www.privacyware.com/software/privatefirewall.exe
http://www.privacyware.com/personal_firewall.html

Code:
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall.exe
http://sandboxie.com

My reply was in response to:
I don't like your plan i Highly disagree with u using just the basics. I Was after something better then what i had illumination

If i stick to your plan u and everybody here would be able to get in my PC :confused:

I and many others use the built-in security of Windows 8.x, and ALL without any issues of being "hacked" or tricked into installing malware. Although not perfect, UAC is a great help at preventing unknown changes to the PC, IF you read and have a little common sense about what you're clicking.

Do you have a hardware firewall, router?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
The trick to Avast Free is to set it to gaming mode, and it will leave you alone.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Gnosis , No need to visit those sites.
True. Just an old habit, but hate CNET. I sometimes do go the the official sites, it simply is about convenience as I have no ulterior motive.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I live in a group home Earth they do have firewall yes i belive.they have a Cisco systems Box. here at the apartment building.

Earth i did not mean it like that tho i just didn't want to take that route. I do have common sense m8 Not all the time tho i step out and someone has to put me back in check :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
... Also can i use sandboxie now with adware i have never used this program before and do not know what it does can somebody help me on this please
I've gathered the following from all the helpful Big Bang Theory cast member extras here who've all taken the time (& effort) to instruct me!:p
Think of Sandboxie as prophylactic containment,o_O or the protective walls of your space ship (browser) that keeps the air & You inside while it darts through a vacuum of deadly space!:rolleyes: ..although a more G rated image is a sheet of aluminum foil (or parchment paper) used to line a cookie sheet as it barriers to prevent a mess.:) Just like a real sandbox, all the toys we play with in the box remain inside unless you decide to take them out. Even the cookies (somebody stop me if I'm mistaken) get left behind along with any upgrade changes or themes you might add to your browser which must be performed outside the sandbox. Meanwhile Ad-Aware will be waiting outside the Sandbox in the event You let something out. After downloading a file, you are asked if you'd like to "recover file" (This is opening the back door for downloads like this browser I installed) so be quite certain you aren't recovering "Cryptolocker".:D

I

illumination

I and many others use the built-in security of Windows 8.x, and ALL without any issues of being "hacked" or tricked into installing malware. Although not perfect, UAC is a great help at preventing unknown changes to the PC, IF you read and have a little common sense about what you're clicking.

Exactly why i suggested this, as when i was gaming, i wanted the lightest, least interfering security.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks for your help illumination i respect your thought of action

But i think i would need a little bit more on the secure side

thnks for your help. all the best ideas

Reactions: illumination

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
A good firewall plus anti-virus. I prefer separate software over security suites, however, I do have a couple of security suites from contests, but the firewall and av portion of them are disabled, and they are on-demand. You can use other security software, plus firewall and anti-virus, you just have to make sure the other software is compatible with both the firewall and anti-virus, as a lot of software have both built into them, these days. I am a person that utilizes and messes with apps. You can take this information however you'd like.

Reactions: ImtheBest

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No problem, I didn't mean to sound rude either. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Windows8 built-in security is great (Windows Defender aka MSE + Windows Firewall + smartscreen + UAC ), if i dont have to closed-betas testing some suites/AVs ; i will use them only.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.