HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksparrow12

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 8, 2012
I have been suffering recently from malware attacks as well as prone to Ransomeware attack. Somehow managed to detect and scan with Malwarebytes Trial version but soon my Trial version validity expires so Please HELP. As I can't purchase online or do any online transaction until my PC gets full protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Your config is honestly a mess.
Instead of asking for piracy, you could instead focus on reliable free options which protect you from ransomware as well or even better than Malwarebytes.
I am speaking of Comodo Firewall or Voodooshield.
Also, disabling Smartscreen and testing malware on host PC make no sense at all.

So you use samples in your host pc then you complain about getting malware attacks
:DYou can use a VM if you know what youre doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
If you've suffered a recent infection or are currently the victim of one you can use these second opinion scanners to help clean your PC:
Or you can head on over to the Malware Removal Assistance forum where you can also receive help from our resident malware removal expoert.

As for your config:
  • Testing malware on your host PC is a big no-no. Tests should only be performed inside a VM along with utilising a VPN for your connection (VM setup tutorials can be found on Youtube)
  • If you're unable to obtain a Malwarebytes key there are plenty of free AVs available that offer perfectly good protection
  • Keeping the second opinion scanners listed above on-hand is a good idea in case of future infection
  • Adding an ad blocker to your browser will help you steer clear of malvertising (uBlock Origin or Adguard are preferable)
  • Create a backup of your most important data and store it where ransomware won't be able to encrypt it (Flash drive, portable hard drive, cloud storage without real-time sync)
  • Once your system is completely clean you should create a system image backup in case you need to restore your PC to a clean/functional state for whatever reason
Edit: Removed Norton Power Eraser from the second opinion scanner list as it's prone to false positives and I don't want to be responsible for you removing something you shouldn't.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First of all this is not the place to ask for licenses to a product.That has been edited out
Secondly you are testing malware on your host PC and wondering why you have malware on your system?
You have 3rd party Firewall listed for your Firewall but your using Malwarebytes Antimalware? It does not have a firewall.
Malwarebytes Antimalware is not a substitution for a good Antivirus program but even then testing samples on your host PC you might have gotten an infection.
Make a post here Malware Removal Assistance For Windows
Maybe even just wipe your drive and start over.
Your PC,your personal info and data are at risk!

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
This configuration is a big mess. I'll help you out.

1) What third party firewall are you using? For free I recommend you use Comodo with everything enabled. This will really help someone like you to kick anythings butt.

2) Turn on file reputation.

3) NEVER test malware on your host. Testing malware is already dangerous in a virtual machine, let a lone your host. Set up a virtual machine and research what options you have to change so malware can't bypass the VM. I recommend virtual box. If for whatever reason you can not use a VM, use something like shadow defender or deep freeze. If you can't use that, don't test malware at all.

4) Malwarebytes is your real-time protection? Malwarebytes is not what it used to be. Nowadays, it is a mess. If you want free realitime protection, I recommend avast (hardened mode). You can keep malwarebytes free as a second opinion scanner.

5) For someone who is so prone to malware, I recommend putting your security settings as high as they can go. If you pc can't handel it, try a cloud av like Avira or Comodo Cloud.

6) You'll probably want to back up your computer in the future. No point in doing it now, but when you're computer is all clean I recommend you do system image backups frequently, and upload them to some sort of cloud service.

7) Follow Malware Blockers malware removal guide here.

Check out the malware removal assistance here on MT.

(OPTIONAL) If you really want to ensure you are clean, reformat your computer.

8) I recomend you get anti-exploit. I personally recommed Hitmanpro Alert, but if you want something free EMET is better than nothing.

Also make sure you have a behaviour blocker. I believe Avast free comes with it but do not quote me on that.

And finally, if you know how to handel popups, I recommend you use VoodooShield for free.

Reactions: jacksparrow12

Xahl

Level 1
Verified
Aug 5, 2017
Not trying to be rude, but why in the world would you test samples on your host machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.