Hi everyone. Traumatized by malware here..but learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kp-Everywhere-Myst

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2017
Its so true what they say. The more you learn the more you realize the less you know. I thought I was pretty savvy 6 months ago..

HA!

I had absolutely NO clue about local vs. Group policy. Domain over private and public..not to mention AD DC with PDW Controllers with a masterrible token compared to a lowly "snap in " local admin. Then Powershell and its "I can create the perfect malware" but its perfectly safe as long as it's ExecutionPolicy is Restricted! That never gets tampered with by others to make you vulnerable. Cough...yeah right..

Scripts...overrides...BIOS vs UEFI...the control over control and who or what is the master has more drama then all the epic myths versus the deities. Sigh. I'm learning but its getting to the point that I better start seeing the walls of this micro universe because it's a massive influx to understand.
Oh and my name is Kendall. ; )

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
Welcome to MT. :)

Just stepped in here recently myself.

The landscape sure has grown more traumatic on the threat side but the security end has an ambition all of it's own too :)

You can take great confidence in that you found the right place at the right time to brush up on it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.