• Education
    • Entertainment
    • Gaming
    • Photography

sh3z

Thread author
Apr 12, 2022
Hi everyone!

Happy to have discovered the forum as this feels far more structured and interactive than a few others' I've just been scoping-out.

I initially ran a search for Cyber Security forums in the hope of finding somebody who may be able to help me (being UK based); in where best to train or look towards, for a solid start in a Cyber/InfoSecurity career.
I have had an urge to dive deeper into the sector for the past three or so years but never really taken the jump however, with the arrival of the pandemic in early 2020; I was later in the year made redundant after 8 years in an engineering/automation based-role.

I am now hoping to pursue a career in Cyber Security or Cloud software predominantly, as computing has always been a strong passion of mine since a young age.
My only issue is, I've gotten so deep into researching who, what and where offers current, short-term Bootcamps (12-16 weeks) that I'm now so overwhelmed I am finding it hard to [1] decide between cybersec and cloud, and [2] which learning path to take......

Hoping some guys here will be happy to offer some help and ofcourse, myself to do the same in the near future across the forum :D

Thanks everyone!

Ben

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Hi everyone!

Happy to have discovered the forum as this feels far more structured and interactive than a few others' I've just been scoping-out.

I initially ran a search for Cyber Security forums in the hope of finding somebody who may be able to help me (being UK based); in where best to train or look towards, for a solid start in a Cyber/InfoSecurity career.
I have had an urge to dive deeper into the sector for the past three or so years but never really taken the jump however, with the arrival of the pandemic in early 2020; I was later in the year made redundant after 8 years in an engineering/automation based-role.

I am now hoping to pursue a career in Cyber Security or Cloud software predominantly, as computing has always been a strong passion of mine since a young age.
My only issue is, I've gotten so deep into researching who, what and where offers current, short-term Bootcamps (12-16 weeks) that I'm now so overwhelmed I am finding it hard to [1] decide between cybersec and cloud, and [2] which learning path to take......

Hoping some guys here will be happy to offer some help and ofcourse, myself to do the same in the near future across the forum :D

Thanks everyone!

Ben
Hi welcome!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.