Hi, new member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlippingCoin

Thread author
Jul 17, 2016
Hi everybody
I'm so happy I came across this site while looking for malware removal instructions. In fact, I was unsure about the "last known malware infection" because I was suffering from a weird case of pop-up. It didn't look 100% like a malware infection and it was gone with a reset of chrome.
By the way, I would like to hear some opinions on that, where would you suggest I post a thread about it? I thing Malware Removal Assistance isn't necessary since it looks like the infection is gone.
I'm sorry it's wrong asking about it in my introduction but I don't want to post it in the wrong place.

And finally, here's my introduction:

I'm Italian, in my early 20's trying to find out what I want to do with my life.
I'm interested in computer security [in some cases labelled as paranoiac] and other technology and PC related topics and I bear hatred against malware creators, cheaters in games and people living off exploiting others. Call me naive :D
I rated my computer knowledge as medium because, while I don't know each and every program out there and I am no expert in any topic, I surely know more about computers, viruses and security issues than the regular user.

I am trying to teach myself some coding with Python and getting experienced with GIMP but I often overlook them. Also I dwell in 80's retro and synthwave music.

I hope to find in this site some help if needed, but overall knowledge about all of the interesting topics I've seen in this site, get a chance to discuss opinions and maybe if ever possibile help someone. Also, the meaning of life, universe and everything ;)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
hi from europe (too)/germany !

It didn't look 100% like a malware infection and it was gone with a reset of chrome.

..had i similar "infection" and also had to reset both browsers (FF and chrome, about 8 months ago).
And it helped: "adw cleaner", "Malwarebytes anti malware" didn't found anything after i reset both browser profiles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.