HiBit Startup Manager Tool

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Now that I have made big fans out of the uninstaller of theirs, tell me what you think of the other free tool of theirs: HiBit Startup Manager. It is a FREE real time startup monitoring tool that will alert you when any sneak program tries to add itself to the startup of your computer. Strangely that main feature is not highlighted on the web page of the screenshots. (You turn it on by going to the Tools menu in top right corner of program.) The layout is very similar to the uninstall tool they have. You can control and add or delay or delete startup programs and task schedules also!

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I would like to like Hibit software (as there are portable versions, which I like to use where possible), but I am just a bit wary: why no https?

MB Browser Guard warnings, presumably because of this - or because it is Iranian? 🤣
And without https I looked for a hash and couldn’t find one to verify the exe. I left this one alone. I lean to the side of caution in cases like this.

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I would like to like Hibit software (as there are portable versions, which I like to use where possible), but I am just a bit wary: why no https?

MB Browser Guard warnings, presumably because of this - or because it is Iranian? 🤣
When did this notion of HTTPs being applied to a site meant that it is safe? It's extremely useful on sites where you have to login, but that's just about it.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Now that I have made big fans out of the uninstaller of theirs, tell me what you think of the other free tool of theirs: HiBit Startup Manager. It is a FREE real time startup monitoring tool that will alert you when any sneak program tries to add itself to the startup of your computer. Strangely that main feature is not highlighted on the web page of the screenshots. (You turn it on by going to the Tools menu in top right corner of program.) The layout is very similar to the uninstall tool they have. You can control and add or delay or delete startup programs and task schedules also!

The startup manager is also included by default in the "bigger" HiBit Uninstaller. It is great cause when a new entry is added is marked in green

1589111389507.png

It also has a service manager:

1589111459561.png

And even a task scheduler manager!!

1589111514579.png

All of them will mark in green the new changes, which is great!

Cheers!

PS: Do u know what the heck is DataSensLiveTileTask and why could have been added? Searched about it and looks like it is about data usage, but I didn't touch anything to make it appear there... Mmm

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
The startup manager is also included by default in the "bigger" HiBit Uninstaller. It is great cause when a new entry is added is marked in green

View attachment 239371

View attachment 239372

View attachment 239373

Cheers!

PS: Do u know what the heck is DataSensLiveTileTask and why could have been added? Searched about it and looks like it is about data usage, but I didn't touch anything to make it appear there... Mmm
Yup, the startup manager is already present in the HiBit uninstaller software, am wondering why do we need to download another one separately?

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
When did this notion of HTTPs being applied to a site meant that it is safe? It's extremely useful on sites where you have to login, but that's just about it.

This is true. But, it would be nice if they had a file hash. Something to verify the legit download.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Could ask the developer for the same. AFAIK, it's handled by a single developer. This is usually the case with most one man projects, they might not have enough funding.
I don’t think posting text of the hash of the file is an expensive or time consuming task. Lots of one man operations do that. Unless I’m confused about the process.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Note, that all HiBit software is published without a digital signature, so you might not want to run it after all. :whistle:

When did this notion of HTTPs being applied to a site meant that it is safe?
Not to mention, that windows updates and even Windows setups (upgrades) are distributed over http and there were times, that they were tainted.

By the way Softpedia has a secure download option, the file is stored on Softpedia.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
I've been using it for just a couple of weeks, and I am liking it a lot. It's fast, and no problems whatever with uninstalls or cleaning junk, empty folders and all.
It's definitely a really good piece of software

Would be awesome if he included way of schedule junk and registry cleanup as Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Reg Cleaner.
That would make HiBit a AIO tool

Cheers!

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020

Cheers!

Yes but the uinstaller program does not have the LIVE real time monitor of new add ons trying to run at startup. BTW I have the datasenslive on my schedule too but it is disabled! That is to refresh and update your start menu tiles, news, weather etc..

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Yup, the startup manager is already present in the HiBit uninstaller software, am wondering why do we need to download another one separately?
see my answer above! Here is an example. (Not running process tamer anymore but used it as example when i turned on run at startup in settings.)
HibitStartup-alert.jpg

Last edited:

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Note, that all HiBit software is published without a digital signature, so you might not want to run it after all. :whistle:

Not to mention, that windows updates and even Windows setups (upgrades) are distributed over http and there were times, that they were tainted.

By the way Softpedia has a secure download option, the file is stored on Softpedia.
I am not saying it is malware (VirusTotal gives it a clean bill of health), but tried running the portable version, and Emsisoft shut it down:

2020/05/11 11:22:36
Behavior Blocker detected suspicious behavior "CodeInjector" of C:\My Portable Applications\HiBitSoft\Startup Manager\HiBitStartupManager-Portable.exe (SHA1: E599ADB7B27E1570DF86D4FFAD2CC71917449CC7)

2020/05/11 11:22:40
A notification message "Suspicious behavior has been found in the following program: C:\My Portable Applications\HiBitSoft\Startup Manager\HiBitStartupManager-Portable.exe" has been shown

Btw does the portable version have an autostart version?

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I am not saying it is malware (VirusTotal gives it a clean bill of health), but tried running the portable version, and Emsisoft shut it down:

2020/05/11 11:22:36
Behavior Blocker detected suspicious behavior "CodeInjector" of C:\My Portable Applications\HiBitSoft\Startup Manager\HiBitStartupManager-Portable.exe (SHA1: E599ADB7B27E1570DF86D4FFAD2CC71917449CC7)

2020/05/11 11:22:40
A notification message "Suspicious behavior has been found in the following program: C:\My Portable Applications\HiBitSoft\Startup Manager\HiBitStartupManager-Portable.exe" has been shown

Btw does the portable version have an autostart version?
Hmm... I use the installer version of both uninstaller and startup manager, runs better imho. I am sure the portable also has the autostart/monitoring.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.