HiBit Startup Manager Tool

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
So they do have a valid certificate, but search engine links go straight to the HTTP site. HTTPS Everywhere will force the HTTPS site. Brave doesn't 'upgrade' (force) the connection. Might be of interest to @oldschool . Regardless even though this tool isn't signed, clearly it's legit and people are having great experiences with it. I don't generally use uninstallers.

Maybe HTTPS Everywhere isn't worthless afterall?

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
HiBit Startup Manager 2.2.10 released

Changelog :
  • Monitoring of Service, Scheduler Task and context menus added.
  • Korean language added.
  • "Windows 10 SlateGray" and "Cobalt XEMedia" themes added.
  • Gray color and the ability to select the desired color for the program header added.
  • "Hide Microsoft Entries" option added to the "Process Manager".
  • Minor GUI improvements and bug fixes.

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
* UPDATE *

HiBit Startup Manager Changelog
-----------------------------------------

HiBit Startup Manager 2.3.10 (2022-01-03)

Added support for UWP apps.
Added the ability to save app settings and data next to the program executable file in the portable version.
Added "Block New Processes" option in the Processes Manager tool.
Added ability to add applications in the rules list window.
Added reset settings button in About window.
Added the ability to change the font size of lists by pressing ctrl and Scroll wheel.
Improved GUI and fixed all known bugs.

Alot of changes similar to Hibit Uninstaller but the beauty of this program is the LIVE startup monitoring!

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I am not saying it is malware (VirusTotal gives it a clean bill of health), but tried running the portable version, and Emsisoft shut it down:

2020/05/11 11:22:36
Behavior Blocker detected suspicious behavior "CodeInjector" of C:\My Portable Applications\HiBitSoft\Startup Manager\HiBitStartupManager-Portable.exe (SHA1: E599ADB7B27E1570DF86D4FFAD2CC71917449CC7)

2020/05/11 11:22:40
A notification message "Suspicious behavior has been found in the following program: C:\My Portable Applications\HiBitSoft\Startup Manager\HiBitStartupManager-Portable.exe" has been shown

Btw does the portable version have an autostart version?
The same is true for F-Secure.
キャプチャ.PNG

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
* UPDATE *

HiBit Startup Manager 2.3.10 (2022-01-03)

Added support for UWP apps.
Added the ability to save app settings and data next to the program executable file in the portable version.
Added "Block New Processes" option in the Processes Manager tool.
Added ability to add applications in the rules list window.
Added reset settings button in About window.
Added the ability to change the font size of lists by pressing ctrl and Scroll wheel.

Alot of changes similar to Hibit Uninstaller but the beauty of this program is the LIVE startup monitoring!

The LIVE monitoring, is that not present in the uninstaller program?

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Other paid uninstallers could learn lots from this program such as added features, frequent updates, fast bug fixing (it probably updates faster than any program there is) & it does a good job as an uninstaller - I used to pay for Revo... I don't now :)

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
* Update *

HiBit Startup Manager 2.3.20 (2022-01-25)

Added Slovenian language.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Have installed Hibit Startup Manager. Checked my booting time (40 seconds). Have enabled system monitoring: my computer still boots in 40 seconds, so this piece of software is light. I already control my apps with Autoruns and Process Explorer. I want to check if Hibit Startup Monitoring is good and useful.

Reactions: show-Zi and roger_m

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Noted last version was quarantined by Microsoft Defender as it (v2.6.30 & 2.6.35) contained a Trojan.Win32.CoinMiner. Uninstalled for now as not really used on my PC anyway.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.