New Update Hibit Uninstaller (Almost Safe Usage Guide)

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 77194
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Thread author
Uninstall Application:
  1. Run Original Uninstaller
  2. Don't Check "Advanced Scan"
  3. Click "Scan"
  4. Uncheck "Registry Entries"
  5. Delete Files and Folders from these locations belonging to the application
    • "C:\Users\username\AppData"
    • "C:\Program Files"
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)"
    • "C:\ProgramData"
Registry Cleaner:
Safe Entries to Delete: (Unsure about the safety of other entries)​
  • "Firewall Rules"
  • "Startup programs"
  • "Context menu"
Shortcuts Fixer:
Check "Default Locations" only​

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's fine to let it scan the registry for leftovers. Just have a look at the scan results and uncheck anything that doesn't belong to the program that was just uninstalled. You can select every category in the registry cleaner. In my experience with it, I've never seen it want to delete valid registry keys.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Uninstall Application:
  1. Run Original Uninstaller
  2. Don't Check "Advanced Scan"
  3. Click "Scan"
  4. Uncheck "Registry Entries"
  5. Delete Files and Folders from these locations belonging to the application
Registry Cleaner:
Safe Entries to Delete: (Unsure about the safety of other entries)​
  • "Firewall Rules"
  • "Startup programs"
  • "Context menu"
Shortcuts Fixer:
Check "Default Locations" only​
Why did you think this guide was nedeed?

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Thread author
Why did you think this guide was nedeed?
It was for novices who use such software.
Specifically third-party uninstallers, registry cleaners are a major cause of bugs and system instability when they are not used carefully.
I learned this the Hardway, basically what you want to avoid is C/Windows folder and the registry.
Hibit uninstaller is a great multi-capability utility and its good at finding leftovers.
    are the places where leftovers are usually left.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
It was for novices who use such software.
Specifically third-party uninstallers, registry cleaners are a major cause of bugs and system instability when they are not used carefully.
I learned this the Hardway, basically what you want to avoid is C/Windows folder and the registry.
Hibit uninstaller is a great multi-capability utility and its good at finding leftovers.
    are the places where leftovers are usually left.
So you have not experienced any problems with this soft specifically, yourself?

There exist uninstallers that really should benefit from a guide, or information from users of it, but this one, i have never had a problem even though i erase everything, including Advanced Scan.

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Thread author
So you have not experienced any problems with this soft specifically, yourself?

There exist uninstallers that really should benefit from a guide, or information from users of it, but this one, i have never had a problem even though i erase everything, including Advanced Scan.
Actually, it may delete valid registry keys, for example the uninstaller gets confused when you install two software from the same company, and you just want to uninstall only one of them. The company usually use the same place to store the folders and registry values of both software.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Actually, it may delete valid registry keys, for example the uninstaller gets confused when you install two software from the same company, and you just want to uninstall only one of them. The company usually use the same place to store the folders and registry values of both software.

I take the non answer to the question above as a - no.

I was wondering if there was an urgent problem with just this soft that nedeed attention, that you had discivered, when i read your first post, the answer to that is, again, no. Being carefull with any erasure whatsoever is best practice and common sense so the heads up as a reminder is valid.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I take the non answer to the question above as a - no.
Agree. This is fine software. User should always review deletion options before commitment.

Maybe OP will make similar post for Revo and all other uninstallers? Hopefully this is not an anti HiBit hit post

Reactions: Sorrento

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.