New Update HiBit Uninstaller

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hmmm, looks like we're in the "feast" phase of HiBit updates, after a long "famine" of nothing. Groovy. Latest version is 3.0.20 and is available via the UI updater.

HiBit Uninstaller 3.0.20 (2022-12-10)

Improved "Junk Files Cleaner" performance.
Improved leftovers search algorithm.
Fixed all reported bugs.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
After updating to the latest version - my HiBit context menu disappeared. I have always installed various programs using HiBit. Now they don't see it in the context menu....

• Wow
Reactions: Sorrento and plat

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Another update--to v. 3.0.25--discovered when getting the Junk Files Cleaner.

HiBit Uninstaller 3.0.25 (2022-12-17)

Added Backup/Restore settings button in About window.
Improved "Empty Folder Cleaner" performance.
Improved leftovers search algorithm.
Minor bugs fixes.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
@Zero Knowledge HiBit Uninstaller does better than Revo? removes all traces of the program and regedit? how does it compare with Revo Uninstaller? Thanks!
Same experience as Digimor Crusher. I haven't used Revo in a very long time, many years, so my opinion is invalid on Revo. But HiBit is much better than Geek Uninstaller. Geek found 8000 entries :mad: to remove for Office 2016 :ROFLMAO:, HiBit found a lot more leftovers :cool:. I'm sure someone who uses Revo can chime in with their experience though. The simple reason I use HiBit is because it's free, Revo is not free. Simple.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
The reason I use HiBit is IMHO better than Revo Pro which I think I still have a year left on a licence & had unsortable issues - HiBit is updated often something that Revo do only rarely & has had few changes - I would buy HiBit if necessary or donate.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I stopped using Revo back when HiBit was released. Back then it did a better job cleaning up than Revo did in my tests, and that was compared with the registered version. I have no idea if this still holds as both products have been updated many times.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Never used Revo, all I know is that Hibit works flawlessly.
Thank you!(y)
Same experience as Digimor Crusher. I haven't used Revo in a very long time, many years, so my opinion is invalid on Revo. But HiBit is much better than Geek Uninstaller. Geek found 8000 entries :mad: to remove for Office 2016 :ROFLMAO:, HiBit found a lot more leftovers :cool:. I'm sure someone who uses Revo can chime in with their experience though. The simple reason I use HiBit is because it's free, Revo is not free. Simple.
Thank you very much! I appreciate your feedback! Always nice to hear from other people who have used Revo Unistaller ;)
The reason I use HiBit is IMHO better than Revo Pro which I think I still have a year left on a licence & had unsortable issues - HiBit is updated often something that Revo do only rarely & has had few changes - I would buy HiBit if necessary or donate.
Thanks! (y)
I stopped using Revo back when HiBit was released. Back then it did a better job cleaning up than Revo did in my tests, and that was compared with the registered version. I have no idea if this still holds as both products have been updated many times.
Thanks! (y)

Last edited:

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
HiBit Uninstaller is one of the few programs I would recommend to any user. Really good piece of software.
When I was cleaning a friend's computer with advanced scanning, I removed a lot of junk software, then after rebooting Windows could not start. As I understand it, HiBit Uninstaller doesn't have smart enough protection against damaging system files in the process, so you need to read what it is removing - it's no longer a case when you can advise software to anyone. I also read about a similar story on another forum, now I've seen it in person.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
When I was cleaning a friend's computer with advanced scanning, I removed a lot of junk software, then after rebooting Windows could not start. As I understand it, HiBit Uninstaller doesn't have smart enough protection against damaging system files in the process, so you need to read what it is removing - it's no longer a case when you can advise software to anyone. I also read about a similar story on another forum, now I've seen it in person.
It's happened to myself too. But it's important to note that with any uninstaller like this, you should never let them delete anything without first manually reviewing what they want to delete.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.