Advice Request Hide 'Add to LastPass?' notification from showing on every login?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use LastPass on Chrome, but every time I log into a website with my credentials stored on LP, this notification appears.

It may be a Chrome://Flags settings change, but if not and others experience this, then how I hide this from showing? (If I click on Not Now, the next site I log into, it reappears).

upload_2017-2-16_22-54-48.png

I am using LastPass extension v4.1.39 and Chrome v56.0.2924.87 (64-bit), as of this post. I don't wish to hide all notifications, as I require it for new sites I register with.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I'm using the same setup but I don't have that problem. I just logged out and used LP to log in; I didn't get the prompt.

Check the URL in you LP entry to ensure it matches the URL after you login. If you were to have "www." in front of it, for example, will cause LP to prompt you since it sees a different site than the one without "www.".

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I'm using LastPass on Firefox so it's different but it may be in LastPass' preferences under Notifications.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
That will disable ALL notifications, even new sites. That's not what you want, is it? I read it as your not wanting to be prompted for a site already in LP.

mydaughter

Nov 14, 2017
That will disable ALL notifications, even new sites. That's not what you want, is it? I read it as your not wanting to be prompted for a site already in LP.

So could we get a solution to this problem? I asked Lastpass but god knows how long we'll have to wait to get help from support there.

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.