High CPU usage, random TCP/IP connections

deladm

Thread author
Jan 3, 2015
Second time being infected. Last time (Jan 2015) the malware seemed to have been removed. Now similar symptoms have returned. Appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    42.7 KB · Views: 1

deladm

Thread author
Jan 3, 2015
Hello,

I do not see signs of malware, and I am pretty confident malware isn't the cause of you issue.

I suggest to download AVG Remover to clean all AVG components:

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Then you can monitor the situation and see if AVG caused it.

Thank you for the reply. I ran the AVG remover and it looks like it removed AVG completely. I still had the same issues though, multiple processes starting with various names (dllhost.exe, svchost.exe, iexplore.exe *32, etc) that use up CPU for a split second and then disappear. I also still am getting random TCP/IP connections made to outside IP addresses.

I rolled back my system to a restore point, about 1 month ago and that still did not solve the problem.

Any other ideas to try?

Thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.