App Review Hitman Pro.Alert - ransomware test | 12/01/2017

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
thanks for the test EVJL'S RAIN, I will buy HMPA, Is an additional layer protection and does not consume any resources, i would like you to give me an appreciation of my all system sofware. im sorry for my english retarded lang, i speak moore spanish, german but not much english.

i have on my pc this protections:

SPYWAREBLASTER: /for inmunizer all spywares infections/ free version
SPYBOT INMUNIZER & ANTIBEACON: /for disabling microsoft telemetry connections and others blacklist network in HOSTS
EMSISOFT AM: /is my favorite antivirus/ licensed 1 year
HEIMDAL: /a dns hacking protection, antiteft data, and patched of all important software/ licensed 1 year
MBAE: /little helper in case of inyection shell and many exploits/ licensed
MBAR: / I'll have to change it, Evjl's Rain says: not working.
ZAL: /working as keyboard & identity protection/ 2 years license
WFC: /hardening rules & policies, for enhanced the Windows firewall protection/ 1 years license
NETLIMITER 3: /for monitoring tcp connections and ports, limit and block) lifetime
PROCESSHACKER: /monitoring theses underground activities/ free
UAC: up high all level alerts
SRWARE IRON: better than chrome privacity navigation
UBLOCK ORIGIN: /All filters in english & german version/

on demand scanner:
herd protect by Reason Core Security
opswat meta defender endpoint
Adlice Roguekiller
Malwarebytes anti-malware
Superantispware
Trojankiller free

all demand scanners, they are portable version, installed in other protected partition without Permission to other users.

my important data is offline in other disk, i just can see them, when i start the disk & partition with other sofware called: revosleep
I agree that that you need to trim it down
I think if you have EIS, you don't need HMPA. I may test EIS's behavior blocker only against ransomwares because I believe it's better than HMPA
according to my usage, I watch a lot of football streams on VLC, HMPA slowed down my laptop by 2 times especially during streaming
CPU consumption of all monitored processes was high and the laptop fan didn't stop spinning. some user confirmed this and we ended up unistalling HMPA

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Emsisoft is only antimalware not is internet security version, and he need the other part that hitman can Complement it. But if you would say that I'm fine. Then I ignore it.
Sorry i didnt read your post properly. EAM is one of the strongest AV/AM with a strong behavior blocker (top 1 or 2) compared to kaspersky (top 1) and bitdefender (top 3). If you have a look at MalwareTips malware hub testings, you will see that emsisoft usually keep the tested machine clean and safe, rarely gets infected, usually just useless dropped files -> still clean. Only Kaspersky can be comparable to emsisoft. The other AVs have mixed bag results

EAM only lacks a firewall. Windows firewall is enough good in most of the cases

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.