Hitman Pro worth buying?

Is HitmanPro worth buying ($ 24.95/year)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I understand the testimonies because Hitman Pro's features goes only on removal feature where may occur if you are infected, but in the long run of investment its already useful to have quick operation to cleanup the remnants.

HMP.A is indeed a useful one, we should remember that exploits are gained to be vulnerable not just on software but even in hardware; hence indeed a must need than HMP.

But in vice-versa, as long you have enough budget then why not purchase them both? As mentioned by @Jack its a support for the ongoing development.

There is no more free anymore, from time and effort to produce a software. A developer discretion if to make as non profitable product .

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Is it worth buying? I have the same dilemma last time before I decide to purchase the HMP.A
Usually first qn I would ask myself what would be the purpose of buying it? If u buy for the sake of other ppl commenting that it's good or better than the others, probably you need to relook again.
Secondly, look at your budget. Buying software is a commitment for you. No point getting yourself a software; used a while and then keep them in storage if you got a better one.

Tempnexus

Level 3
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
I already have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro but wondering if Hitman Pro is worth buying ?

I use the free version of Hitman Pro right now.
NO
Maybe in the past but once they got acquired by Sophos their support has gone down majorly downhill just look at my post few days ago...no developer has responded to it. This section of the forum is more of an advertising venue than a troubleshooting venue. Abandon Thread/Ship until the seas calm.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think the best reply like mentioned above is to use the 30 day trial.
But also, with Sophos declining to support it, it may be a sign that they have other plans that in the end may turn out to be something you want even more,
or will be far more useful to you and your system.
For the time being I would stick with MBAM Pro and see what develops.

PS: I also know that this year there are some awesome changes coming to the MBAM Pro software. Patience is for sure a virtue where software is concerned.
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
All HMP licenses purchased before September 8,2016 will activate both products (note prior to this date there were no HMPA license, just a HMP license which work on both products).

Now if you buy HMPA,it includes subscription also for HMP.

Please check the new webpage Products - SurfRight
Thanks for this Heads Up, I took advantage of this deal and am very pleased.
I have found HMAP to be a valuable addition to my system, and having HMP on standby
for me is a major plus. Now I hope they expand their licensing to include the option for
"lifetime" purchases as SurfRight is one of the few who still don't have this option, HMPA is the
only addition to my security config that I have to purchase Regularly. My config is comprised
of VoodooShield, WinAntiRansom, MalwareBytes, and Zemana all of which offer lifetime licenses.
Granted I don't run these all at once, I list them to give Sophos/SurfRight a glimpse of just some of those top
products that offer lifetime purchases, i would love to count the Hitman line in there too.
Cool post Welldone

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
For me yes,and I have been out of work due to a bad injury. I bought it when it was on sale, and it was something I really had to think about.

I am glad I did. Worth the investment. I bought it when it included HitmanPro.Alert + HitmanPro for one price.

Think about it like this: Cost of HitmanPro vs Cost of a Failed Backup, Data loss (Ranges a minimum of $300), the cost of cleaning up Ransomware, the downtime involved etc.

Plus, the developers are active, actively seek to fix problems and have quality software.

IMHO - Yes, it's worth it.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for this Heads Up, I took advantage of this deal and am very pleased.
I have found HMAP to be a valuable addition to my system, and having HMP on standby
for me is a major plus. Now I hope they expand their licensing to include the option for
"lifetime" purchases as SurfRight is one of the few who still don't have this option, HMPA is the
only addition to my security config that I have to purchase Regularly. My config is comprised
of VoodooShield, WinAntiRansom, MalwareBytes, and Zemana all of which offer lifetime licenses.
Granted I don't run these all at once, I list them to give Sophos/SurfRight a glimpse of just some of those top
products that offer lifetime purchases, i would love to count the Hitman line in there too.
Cool post Welldone

Winantiransom do offer lifetime but at a limited time period and currently it no longer offering it.
Malwarebytes no longer offer lifetime licenses.
Voodooshield and Zemana so far I never heard of lifetime licenses from them (unless it's a beta where you pre-sign-up and contribute).

I would in fact prefer a yearly subscriptions than a lifetime. With consistent flow of annual premium, I would be more or less confident that the product update and support are very much progressing. Plus a lifetime licences doesn't profit a company.
Imagine if every AV company (Avast, ESET, BD, Emsisoft, Avira, etc) also offering lifetime license with free updates, how are they going to get renevue and how are they going to sustain the product development without revenue.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Contributing is key, that goes for any company or product you believe in.
The big companies make plenty don't let them fool you, I have been around long enough to
know. SurfRight could very well offer lifetime subscriptions, but that's their call, not mine.
Thanks for your input Lew. ;)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
for $25, no, not worth it. If it includes only HMPA and the price is 1/2 or 1/3, I would consider it. Price-over-quality is low if you ask me about HMPA

I prefer voodooshield with lifetime subscription because of the level of security it can improve to your system. You can email the developer and he will tell you how you can get the lifetime license (100 years) but the total amount of money is a problem for many

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I already have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro but wondering if Hitman Pro is worth buying ?
I use the free version of Hitman Pro right now.

@ng4ever Malwarebytes is a great product if you feel OK with it then stick with it. However Hitman pro is just as good and does a great job.

Yes, since Hitman Pro have better detection rate.
BUT, you can use Zemana AntiMalware 'even' better detection than Hitman Pro.
@safe1st Detection rate says nothing, sure it may indicate that a program can "find" or "recognize" a suspicious file.
HMP has a proven record and is used by millions, and while its detection rate might seem lower then other brands one needs to remember that HMP was till not so long ago the tool to use when ur PC needed a good cleanup. That said many programs claim to have good detection rate yet its removal and overall effectiveness is not measured by just detection alone. Some programs have a rather low detection rate but a SUPERB overall program with insane removal capabilities.
That said Zemana is a good program but has miles to go IMHO towards the record HMP has accumulated over the past years. Specially if you consider that Zemana in many ways mimic's what HMP did already do and offered YEARS ago.

Emsisoft Emergency Kit = freeware, portable and will disinfect system
If you want to buy HMP, then purchase HMP.A which includes both = better deal.
@hjlbx totally agreed.

I think it is not worth buying. You can use Zemana Anti-Malware for free and it has a better detection rate.
@Andrew999 again detection rates don't clean computers. Detection means NOTHING.

Hello @ng4ever,
HitmanPro does offer free scanning even after the 30 days trial period has ended. You will need to activate the 30 days trial only when you need to remove malware. So, I would keep HitmanPro on my computer and perform regular scans, however I don't know if you should buy the full version after the 30 days trial has passed as you could always use other tools to remove the infection itself.
Keep in mind though that when you are buying the full version of HitmanPro, apart from the obvious advantages, you are also supporting the work of its developers.

Now, if you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, you do NOT need to Zemana AntiMalware Pro as this product also comes with real-time protection. Here is a comparison between Zemana Pro (real-time protection from malware) and Zemana Free (only an on-demand scanner). - Zemana AntiMalware Free - Limitless Scan and Malware Removal!
View attachment 84194

So here is a summary:
  1. Is HitmanPro worth buying? - Yes, it's a good software (great malware detection, very good malware removal and it you will support the developers to improve this product)
  2. Should I buy HitmanPro? - It all depends on your computer knowledge. Seeing that HitmanPro full version only offers malware removal, you could just use the scanner, and use other tools to remove the infection once it has been detected.
  3. Should I buy Zemana AntiMalware Pro? - No, you do not need it. Malwarebytes Pro is a very good product that will protect your computer from malware.
  4. Should I install Zemana AntiMalware Free? - You can give it a try. It has a very good detection rate, however it does come with a higher ratio of false positive detection than HitmanPro and Malwarebytes. I also do not like the fact that the Free version will always run in the background after being installed...
@Erik Loman
@Jack very well said and totally correct.

NO
Maybe in the past but once they got acquired by Sophos their support has gone down majorly downhill just look at my post few days ago...no developer has responded to it. This section of the forum is more of an advertising venue than a troubleshooting venue. Abandon Thread/Ship until the seas calm.
@Tempnexus totally bollocks. Sophos does have acquired the dutch company Surfright because Surfright has developed advanced techniques to successfully detect and stop zero day attacks and Sophos aims to improve their own products with this know how and technology.
Most people did not know but Surfright as a company did pioneer in this specific field.
Sophos on the other-hand has always been a good antivirus company but as we all know they did have some troubles getting their products as well rounded as lets say Symantec. Surfright will fill that gap but while being bought by Sophos it will still stay a Dutch company based in Hengelo and all personnel remain in the Surfright team. Which means NOTHING changes i the way how HMP did deal with their consumers.

That said because you posted a question and none did reply to it means automatic that the support has gone downhill right?
Have you ever considered that maybe your question has already been answered by the huge amount of online resources?
Or just maybe your question has already been answered by a previous topic but you totally forgot to use the search function?
Or maybe you asked a question that is kinda self explaining. or just maybe just maybe they do not have time to reply to silly questions and they focus on real issues rather then bla bla questions. Truth to be said i have no clue what question you asked i was just summing up some reasons why you did not get a reply. But i am sure they are busy and i could imagine that their developers have other things to do then roam around on a forum. But ill bet that if you got a problem with their product? Just send them a support ticket using your purchased client ID account. Or just click on this link
Regarding the thing you said about Advertisement i just got one word to say: "facepalm"

Kind Regards,
Nico

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I agree hjlbx, I have them both and in windows now I am running it with VS and SBG and I don't for a second regret
spending the money on this software.
I would buy it again in a heartbeat ;)

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I was fortunate enough to purchase HMP.Alert a few hours before their Web site and policy about getting both products for one licence fee changed. I am extremely happy with my purchase and will renew again when the time comes.

I too like @_CyberGhosT_ use HMP.Alert and VS together and they make a formidable but also light combo.

Personally I am happy to purchase security and non-security software because I like to support continued development and also the hard work of the developers who go that extra mile to help their customers.

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
I'm using HMP.Alert since July 2015 and I'm very satisfied, It runs smooth whitout any conflict.
However since this date I don't get any virus, so I cannot say if this software is useful:cool:

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.