Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Anybody know how to uninstall the HitmanPro 3.7.9.218 Beta Version.:confused: It not in the control
panel? I guess you right click and delete?;)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Anybody know how to uninstall the HitmanPro 3.7.9.218 Beta Version.:confused: It not in the control

HMP doesn't drop a lot of files, it has two directories, one in Program Files, one in ProgramData (hidden). If you delete those, that could be considered as an uninstallation. :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Mateotis,

"HMP doesn't drop a lot of files, it has two directories, one in Program Files, one in ProgramData (hidden). If you delete those, that could be considered as an uninstallation.:)"

Now, when my beta version is over with,I can truly remove all the files. But, what about the registry files? Any hidden there?
Does Hitman Pro have a removal tool for it security software. Thank you for the information. Nice to know Mateotis!:)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
But, what about the registry files? Any hidden there?
Does Hitman Pro have a removal tool for it security software. Thank you for the information. Nice to know Mateotis!:)

I cannot give you a complete list of registry files added by HMP, but if you press F3 in regedit and search for "hitmanpro", you should be able to find and delete plenty.

I'd rather recommend you use a third-party uninstaller like Revo, which might be able to locate it. :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Many thanks! Mateotis! For your suggestions and different way of looking at something!;)

I

illumination

You may want to check your registry as well.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.