Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read Press Release (with Screenshots): SurfRight releases free security software to prevent identity theft, fraud and malware

About (with Download): HitmanPro.Alert 2

HitmanPro.Alert 2 alerts users when online banking and shopping is unsafe and tricks sandbox-aware malware to disable itself

Hengelo, The Netherlands, July 3, 2013 – SurfRight, a developer of tools that give users more control over their pc security, today released version 2 of HitmanPro.Alert, a free utility that checks browser integrity and helps to prevent malware infections. HitmanPro.Alert informs users when it is not safe to enter sensitive information because data exchanged between their browser and their online bank, shopping site and webmail is being intercepted by malware in their browser. Despite antivirus software and the lock icon in the browser, malware like banking Trojans can still steal your information or change your transaction details before they are encrypted and sent to the bank. HitmanPro.Alert immediately detects these Man-in-the-Browser attacks and informs users when critical system functions are diverted to untrusted programs.

Reactions: Koroke San

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thank you! For the information, along with the download link! It will come in handy!

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Work like a charm! Detected an intruder on Comodo IceDragon, uninstall all ad-dons and then completely uninstall
Comodo IceDragon. Also, check Internet Explorer & Chrome which where clean! Then when into regedit to check
for leave overs. Check with Hitman Pro! It is completely now! Not sure how I got this intruder. So, I am with-out question going keep this HPAlert. Thank's again! Guys!

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Zero intrusions with Chrome (with common extensions) and IE10.

What extensions did you have installed on Comodo IceDragon?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
> Clean & Click
> BitDefender Traffic Light!
> FaceBook Disconnnect
> Google Disconnect
> InvisibleHand
> Google Translate
> Speed Dial

And 4 or 5 additional addons that I can not remember,sorry!
Hope this help, but I can remember the rest.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I forgot my mention the google plugin, for google updater, google talk ect....

L

luke.douthwaite

Hi, does anyone who runs Norton Antivirus 2013 use this? I just found out it has conflicting issues when it comes to running it with Norton installed.

Once I had HitmanPro Alert installed I could not access the main Antivirus interface. You can double click the icon in the system tray and it will pop up for about 2 or 3 seconds then just vanish. It will still be in the background running (effectively I imagine) but accessing the software is impossible.

Just wondered if anyone else who runs Norton and HitmanPro Alert had this issue too.

Cheers

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
luke.douthwaite said:
Hi, does anyone who runs Norton Antivirus 2013 use this? I just found out it has conflicting issues when it comes to running it with Norton installed.

Once I had HitmanPro Alert installed I could not access the main Antivirus interface. You can double click the icon in the system tray and it will pop up for about 2 or 3 seconds then just vanish. It will still be in the background running (effectively I imagine) but accessing the software is impossible.

Just wondered if anyone else who runs Norton and HitmanPro Alert had this issue too.

Cheers

Try to contact SurfRight and ask if they know anything about this or search the Norton forums for anyone else reporting an issue like this.

http://www.surfright.nl/en/home/contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.