Macecraft jv16
File and Photo backup
Windows and Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Windows
H

hjlbx

Thread author
So I guess I'm gonna have get un-lazy and enable the OS passwords.

This is most inconvenient for me - since speed is king - but, alas - I must set a good example.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
@hjlbx: Did you try Windows 10 FW control? BTW, were you using Webroot AVs?

@Vasudev

I have a W10 test system. I haven't tried W10 FWC - you mean Sphinx, right ? If yes, then no - I have not tried.

I don't use Webroot.

I beta test it and report my findings.

Webroot has not really updated WSA since 2012 nor its documentation. Plus, I find WSA vulnerabilities during malware testing, report it to support, and instead of Webroot fixing the problems, they just black-list the malware!

The bottom line is that WSA is much more fragile than most people suspect.

A lot of Webrooters - especially some of the Webroot Community mods - think we're a bunch of malware-mongering idiots here at MT. I take exception to that, and I'm sure that MT staff doesn't appreciate it either. However, I can't speak for any MT staff member, so you'd have to ask them directly.

They are content with WSA as it is. And promote it as the perfect solution with no room for improvement.

Well, if that is the case, then why do all the Webroot Community mods add VooDooShield to their WSA protected systems ?

I'm not a troller or one for promoting flame wars, but enough is enough where Webroot is concerned.

So I just put my message out for all to see for a while - because it seems it is only such tactics get their attention.

Unfortunate and disappointing...

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Even I used to beta test AV during the days of XP x64, it seems the driver/filter used by AVs always corrupt my installation and I moved to x32 arch and was glad when MSE came out. Now, using W10.2 with WD.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Updated config with new thread tool.
  • Comodo Internet Security 9\10
I knew you will be back with CIS, as its one of your fav & mine too & we both know & understand it works well & you dont need many layers with it, right?

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.