Hosts Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brocke

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 20, 2015
Hosts Block:
This app uses the Windows Host file to keep you protected by using the MDL or MVPS Hosts files found online. They block things like ad's, malware, and other stuff found on the internet that are harmful to you PC.

Hosts Block changes the host file to all entries for the online Host Files either MVPS host file or MDL's host file and then keeps the host file updated on your PC when there is a new update.

This software is Freeware.

Download: http://bitly.com/HostsBlockSetup
New Facebook page: Hosts Block

HBnew.png

Thanks
Brock

Hosts Block | Wilders Security Forums

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
How does it block it? By changing the host file? I personally don't like someone changing my host file because it's too powerful and I always keep it readonly.

Reactions: jamescv7 and Jack

Brocke

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 20, 2015
How does it block it? By changing the host file? I personally don't like someone changing my host file because it's too powerful and I always keep it readonly.

Yes it does add entries to the host file. They are the same entries used in MVPS host file or MDL host file. The program will update it when an update it available

Thank you
Brock

Reactions: jamescv7 and Jack

Brocke

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 20, 2015
Program update Hosts Block 1.2.3

Added - Silent program updates (now Default)
Added - Disable Facebook button
Added - Disable Donate button
Added - option to Automatically Flush DNS at update
Added - Update frequencies of 24 Hours, 8 Hours, 4 Hours
Added - Under "File" Support options for Forum (wilderssecurity.com) and Facebook to post a question.
Added - At update check of new hosts file Hosts Block will now check for program updates also and alert.
Added - Commands menu: open Hosts file location in Windows.
Bug fix - Sometime when the main GUI would popup at end of time to check for updates
Bug Fix - When right clicking tray icon and select "open" sometimes main GUI wouldn't open.
Bug Fix - When double click the tray icon sometime the main GUI wouldn't open.

Download: http://bitly.com/HostsBlockSetup

any issues feel free to post

thank you
Brock

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
GlassWire can notify you if there are changes to your host-file. And for sure you can block it using different tools (example: Excubits Pumpernickel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.